Emiliano Martínez

hippo

10 hours ago, Derryvillan said:

Anyone else watching the Euros thinking "Emi would've saved/caught that"?

Totally mate. I especially noticed when watching England that I actually have some nerves when the ball goes towards the goal, unlike when we play as I know if it’s saveable then Emi will save it!

18 hours ago, Derryvillan said:

Anyone else watching the Euros thinking "Emi would've saved/caught that"?

I think this every time I watch any team play, including Villa.

My belief in him is so absolute that when one goes on it was either a completely unsaveable world class thunderbastard, or he let it go in out of pity for the opposition.

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

His replacement Franco Armani conceded. So Franco couldn't keep an Emi Martinez.

Conceded the first shot on target that he faced :lol:

Martinez was only rested because he had a yellow and this was the last group game I think

2 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Martinez was only rested because he had a yellow and this was the last group game I think

Always find it slightly odd to rest a Gk. It's really tiring to be standing around doing nothing for most the game isn't it? ! 

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Always find it slightly odd to rest a Gk. It's really tiring to be standing around doing nothing for most the game isn't it? ! 

He was on a yellow too. You never know, you might get some Representative for Wellingborough of a ref who hands him a yellow for something innocuous. Better safe than sorry.

I think it was tactical, they used the sub keeper in the last group game which was less important than the quarter finals, so that Emi didn’t risk another yellow and miss the quarters through suspension.

I honestly believe that he’s been the major factor in our improvement, we’d suffered too long with poor keepers. Can you imagine having gone into this season with Nyland again???

He’s been a revelation for us and provided much needed reliability, inspiration and leadership. What a player and what a man, best signing in years if not decades. His influence is huge and so positive too.

• Like 4

I've just realised we are missing a great nickname here.  Keepers are often nicknamed The Cat. 

Animated GIF

He's Argentinean.  He should be The Puma😁

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've just realised we are missing a great nickname here.  Keepers are often nicknamed The Cat. 

Animated GIF

He's Argentinean.  He should be The Puma😁

Or we rename Pumas - Emis. 

15 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

England fans, in the rivalry scale if Germany are a 10, where are Argentina? 

That’s one of the ones that’s the other way around I think once you step outside the tabloids - Argentina hate England but apart from a few 50+ blokes who still care about the Falklands and a few 45+ blokes who are sore about the 1986 handball most people I know either love Argentina for the flair players they have had over the years or are indifferent to them. Kind of like the Netherlands.

4 hours ago, ccfcman said:

England fans, in the rivalry scale if Germany are a 10, where are Argentina? 

I've always been a huge fan of Messi, so I have a soft spot for Argentina. Even when he retires, with Emi M a regular now and Emi B likely to become one soon (and Alvarez, if we sign him), that interest will continue for a while. They're great fun when they click.

Â