Emiliano Martínez

hippo

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

Poor defending, not sure what his defenders are complaining about 

Yep, 2 Chile players miles ahead of the defenders. Criminal really.  Defenders should be busting a gut to ensure they are first to any rebound. 

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Didn't know Saul had fallen out of the Atletico side. He gone off the boil?

No. He is being played out of position though. I believe he was moved deeper to accommodate Koke and Llorente. So he went from a Btb to a defensive Midfielder. So being played out of position has hurt his form. Is still a good player and whoever signs him will be lucky to get him. 

Edited by MotoMkali

I know this is the wrong thread so apologies mods but watching Argentina and holy hell is Messi selfish.

On topic, it’s really good to see Emi protect his cage on an international stage. Hopefully the wider footballing world will begin to recognize how class he is.

From what I have seen Emil is an emotional guy, ie when he was in tears on the phone with his......wife I assume?, after winning the cup with arsenal.

Then the one time with fans at villa Park after he makes that great save and he turns to the crowd screaming and postulating.

You can also see from his general play that he is quite eccentric.

My point is, to go from backup at arsenal, to come to Villa and be no1 and loved by the fans, to now being Argentina no 1.

He must be in dream land and so emotional about it all, what a rise and what a goalkeeper.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

From what I have seen Emil is an emotional guy, ie when he was in tears on the phone with his......wife I assume?, after winning the cup with arsenal.

Then the one time with fans at villa Park after he makes that great save and he turns to the crowd screaming and postulating.

You can also see from his general play that he is quite eccentric.

My point is, to go from backup at arsenal, to come to Villa and be no1 and loved by the fans, to now being Argentina no 1.

He must be in dream land and so emotional about it all, what a rise and what a goalkeeper.

The real crime is Arsenal wasting his talent for almost a decade

• Like 1

Â