The AVFC FFP thread

It’s only in the Daily Mail, no one else seems to be running the story. Management seem confident that it’s not an issue. Even if we did the Championship has no jurisdiction in the Premier League.  Sounds like a cynical click bait to me.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Harsh. 

I found the post really interesting. Respect to the fan for spending the team writing it it and for @wilko154 for sharing it on here.

Absolutely agree that was a very good read and easy to understand from all the jargon and waffle we usually get. 

• Like 4

On 31/05/2019 at 00:01, Thug said:

That Gibson bloke is a proper jealous cretin.

instead of pointing the finger in every direction, how about pointing it at himself for employing an anti-football manager like Pulis?

I was listening to a podcast, cant remember which one. They stated Middlesbrough had agreed a loan deal for Bolasie paying 25% of his wages with the deal all but agreed. The very next day Villa hijacked the deal offering 100% of his wages. That's why he's got his knickers in a twist with us.

This was done under the new owners so it's quite alarming.

Does the FFP guide above mean that technically the club won't own it's stadium?, or that it's just being resold to ourselves in some legal slight of hand?

I would be quite concerned if the asset that is villa park is no longer owned by the club itself but two owners who could leave the club in the future and keep the ground and land?

Edited by MaVilla

From reading the article @wilko154 posted it seems that a points deduction is off the table, and any reports otherwise are just poorly researched, can't say I'm surprised by that.

However we were further away from complying that I thought if his figures are correct. I would assume our back up plan to find that extra £30m would of been selling one/both of McGinn and Grealish.

The whole selling the stadium thing to me seems like a way of allowing us to spend a little more than we otherwise would be allowed to next season, and I can see how that was the plan had we gained promotion or not. Not sure how I feel about it all to be honest, lets just hope we are sensible going forward, keep ourselves in the Premier League and get ourselves in a financial position where we don't need to be looking for ways to bend the rules.

I would imagine selling Villa Park is now not required due to promotion. If it is required to balance the books for 2018/19 I would imagine it could be sold straight back in 2019/20 now that our FFP is balanced out.

17 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I would imagine selling Villa Park is now not required due to promotion. If it is required to balance the books for 2018/19 I would imagine it could be sold straight back in 2019/20 now that our FFP is balanced out.

I'd assume they'll leave it in the trust/shell company for a while until all the FFP talk has died down after a couple of years of being in the Premier League.  

Transfer the stadium back quietly once last season drops out of the 3 year cycle.  

I doubt they'd bother with the stadium purchase at this stage, given the EFL can now only fine us as opposed to deduct points.  Keep it in their back pocket as a future emergency option

• Like 1

On 31/05/2019 at 23:49, ciggiesnbeer said:

English Football in particular is unusual. It has been and continues to be a booming market with very limited resources (the best players) which are required for success in it.

Surely no surprise that the price of those resources has gone through the roof.

Its a fools errand to try and stop it with these artificial rules. If governments want to regulate a market then they should. Pass a law and enforce it. Job done. FFP rules were invented by amateurs in crafting real legislation and it shows. Bring in the pros if you want them. That means governments, thats what they are good at.

But we shouldnt, because football doesnt need that.

Instead of inventing various artificial rules to suppress the ability of athletes and coaches to be rewarded for their skills, Clubs would be better served increasing revenues. For example,  Online streaming and replay rights are horribly under exploited. 

Have you been following Brexit?.....you would be hard pressed to find a pro amongst any of them....that's what you get for leaving it to somebody else for the last 50 years.....The government can't even follow a simple instruction, never mind FFP.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

Have you been following Brexit?.....you would be hard pressed to find a pro amongst any of them....that's what you get for leaving it to somebody else for the last 50 years.....The government can't even follow a simple instruction, never mind FFP.

I am very confident It would be a lot worse if we let the EFL , FA or Eufa do it :)

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Regarding FFP it baffles me that people are concerned about it, Purslow one of the architects of FFP and a man who strikes me as the sort who never speaks without thinking very carefully about his words has on several occasions said that there isn't an issue.

Now granted that oaf Wyness said they had a plan for FFP so I get the concern, given his plan seemingly was to bankrupt us put us into admin and sell us to his pals on the cheap allegedly.... but Purslow is a very different character to Wyness. I'm not sure I like the guy, in fact I'm fairly sure I don't but I don't question his capability and he doesn't strike me as the sort to make statements he can't deliver on.

So people need to stop taking note of The Daily Mail, Talk Shite and the various other 'news' outlets peddling the Mail article because they are garbage utter garbage.

I've read both the EFL and PL rules and there is no mechanism for a points deduction in the PL for failing EFL regulations even if we were to do so.

The article and accompanying podcast by Dave from the Yorkshire Lions linked at the top of the page is fine piece of work, you won't find a better FFP analysis on Villa anywhere. He is extremely well informed on this topic and has the financial acumen to piece it all together, anyone with any concerns or even an interest in this really should listen/read his stuff on the topic.

Perfectly put 

• Like 1

Â