The AVFC FFP thread

1 hour ago, sne said:

Bit funny that the Middlesbrough chairman is having a hissy fit about us and other clubs "cheating" when they themselves have a £101m debt.

we have £6m according to the 17/18 figures

Im so confused how are derby and us so low yet Bristol city and Brentford have more than we did?

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im so confused how are derby and us so low yet Bristol city and Brentford have more than we did?

Owners pumping in cash?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sne said:

Owners pumping in cash?

When they say debt this is obviously very different to net spend.

Didn't the new owners go around settling lots of loans, mortgages etc I seem to recall. 

Obviously paying interest to service debts is dead money so if you're cash rich it makes sense to pay them all off.

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Aren't the Barnsley owners filthy rich as well?

I'm sure I heard the other day something about this, I reckon they have the 6th richest owners in England.

7 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I'm sure I heard the other day something about this, I reckon they have the 6th richest owners in England.

Football League Championship
Club Owner(s) Estimated combined net worth
Barnsley Chien Lee Paul Conway Grace Hung Neerav Parekh Billy Beane The Cryne Family $9.1B

Yup, I had to do a double take.

Having watched Moneyball for the umpteenth time last week i'm stunned to see Billy Beane is a part-owner of Barnsley! For those who haven't seen the film, it's fab (if you're into the geekier side of sports)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yeah it's mad but doesn't mean they will spend their own fortune. Our owners are richer than the glazers for example.

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah it's mad but doesn't mean they will spend their own fortune. Our owners are richer than the glazers for example.

Sometimes you don't need any money at all. Hicks and Gillette borrowed every penny to buy Liverpool, then paid the interest on with the clubs profit and after a few years sold it for like 3 times what they paid. Making about 400 million for not one pence spent. 

Edited by VillaJ100

Aston Villa told they are compliant with EFL financial rules

By Matt Maher | Aston Villa | Published: Less than an hour ago

Fears newly-promoted Villa might face a points deduction appear over after the EFL informed the club they are not set to breach any financial rules.

On 17/06/2019 at 13:11, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:
Football League Championship
Club Owner(s) Estimated combined net worth
Barnsley Chien Lee Paul Conway Grace Hung Neerav Parekh Billy Beane The Cryne Family $9.1B

Yup, I had to do a double take.

I used to deal with Patrick Cryne. Made millions selling duff software to the NHS before getting embroiled in some financial scandal. 

I bet there are loads of multi millionaires out there on the back of NHS money. 

On 03/06/2019 at 10:32, Junxs said:

I was listening to a podcast, cant remember which one. They stated Middlesbrough had agreed a loan deal for Bolasie paying 25% of his wages with the deal all but agreed. The very next day Villa hijacked the deal offering 100% of his wages. That's why he's got his knickers in a twist with us.

This was done under the new owners so it's quite alarming.

Surely he should be thanking us

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I used to deal with Patrick Cryne. Made millions selling duff software to the NHS before getting embroiled in some financial scandal. 

I bet there are loads of multi millionaires out there on the back of NHS money. 

they are all aware of easy targets.....time to get politically robust.

Â