The AVFC FFP thread

Well now we know for sure, there was indeed a stadium plan.

I know a few are worried but as I see it makes no difference.

However many different Limited Companies ( all of which are controlled by the same people) own however many different parts of what we, as fans, call “ the Club”, the reality doesn’t change.

If they don’t sell it’s a non issue.

If they do sell, they could just as easily sell it in bits - by breaking it up -when the time comes even if it was all owned by one Company.

In years gone by various bits were part of various Companies and hardly anyone even knew, let alone bothered,

Were it still the days of actual fans being shareholders, that’s be different, but we aren’t. 

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2019/06/28/villa-park-sold-to-club-owners-in-567million-deal/

Villa Park sold to club owners in £56.7million deal

Villa Park has been sold in a £56.7million deal to club owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens, it can be revealed.

Documents filed with the Land Registry confirm the famous 123-year-old ground is now owned by NSWE Stadium Ltd, a company controlled by the billionaire duo.

They paid £56.7million on May 21 as part of a deal most likely designed to ensure Villa complied with the EFL’s profit and sustainability rules.

Sawiris and Edens are credited with saving Villa from financial doom when they became majority shareholders last July.

Fortunes have also picked up on the pitch, after the club won promotion back to the Premier League through the play-offs last month.

But the latest development will concern supporters, with Villa appearing to no longer having ownership of the ground they have called home since 1896.

Formerly a dormant shell company, NSWE Stadium Ltd was renamed from Aston Villa Ltd in March, with Sawiris and Edens installed as directors.

It is not clear, at this stage, whether the company remains within the group of companies controlled by the club.

The deal has similarities with that done by Derby, who sold their Pride Park Stadium to owner Mel Morris in order to comply with P&S rules, which allow Championship clubs to lose a maximum of £39million over the course of three seasons.

It proved a controversial move, with Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson claiming the Rams had exploited a loophole in the regulations.

Villa are expected to be compliant with the rules, with chief executive Christian Purslow telling supporters earlier this month the EFL had approved the club’s accounts for the 2018-19 campaign.

When quizzed about the possibility of a stadium sale during the same fan consultation group meeting, Purslow stated there were no plans to sell Villa Park to a third party.

But he stated the club’s assets, including Villa Park, remained under the ownership of companies companies controlled by Sawiris and Edens.

• Like 1

“Villa no longer own the ground”

Translated.

‘Villa’ have been the combination of several different Limited Companies ( therefore several different legal ‘ persons’) for years.

Since last summer until recently each of these Companies have been  ‘owned’ by Sawiris and Edens.There is now one more such company in the list, also owned by these two.

So, for all practical purposes ‘Villa’ own the ground as much now as they did then.

( which for anyone wondering is why they didn’t have to do a notification under the “Asset Of Community Value” rules.)

A very sensible move in my view and thanks to the owners for the extra £60million quid.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Translated.

‘Villa’ have been the combination of several different Limited Companies ( therefore several different legal ‘ persons’) for years.

Since last summer until recently each of these Companies have been  ‘owned’ by Sawiris and Edens.There is now one more such company in the list, also owned by these two.

So, for all practical purposes ‘Villa’ own the ground as much now as they did then.

( which for anyone wondering is why they didn’t have to do a notification under the “Asset Of Community Value” rules.)

A very sensible move in my view and thanks to the owners for the extra £60million quid.

Well put, bang on. They’ve just worked out a way in which they can put an extra £57m in to the club. Brilliant :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Translated.

The article says:

It is not clear, at this stage, whether the company remains within the group of companies controlled by the club.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Sooooooooo, does this mean our potential £100k transfer budget has gone up to £160k? (Yeah I know I'm being simple). 

£100k won’t buy us much, nor will £160k... Hopefully they’ll stump up at least £1m

Spoiler

:trollface:

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

£100k won’t buy us much, nor will £160k... Hopefully they’ll stump up at least £1m

Hide contents

:trollface:

Balls - I've been counting my millions as thousands - turns out I'm bloody loaded!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Interesting that we still had to ‘sell’ the stadium despite being promoted. Makes me nervous if we get relegated next year as this is a trick you can only pull once. That being said I doubt the new owners would pull such a reckless gamble like Xia did and back us into a corner again with FFP. 

34 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Interesting that we still had to ‘sell’ the stadium despite being promoted. Makes me nervous if we get relegated next year as this is a trick you can only pull once. That being said I doubt the new owners would pull such a reckless gamble like Xia did and back us into a corner again with FFP. 

the issue was that the 3 year FFP cycle ended a few days before we "officially" became a Premiership side, and we had to plug the gap until we did become an official Prem side to pass the 3 year FFP cycle.

Not gonna lie though, Villa not owning its stadium anymore does concern me.

Â