Matty Cash

paul514

I’ve always stuck up for Cash as he has it in his locker to be fantastic, he has been suspect this season (not the only one tbf) and he needs to improve and push his game to the next level now. It’s up to him. I hope he gets there. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

How long do we give him? It's the same old mistakes, so you have to wonder if he's ever going to cut it at this level. I have my doubts. 

I am not a fan....far too passive.

19 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I’ve always stuck up for Cash as he has it in his locker to be fantastic, he has been suspect this season (not the only one tbf) and he needs to improve and push his game to the next level now. It’s up to him. I hope he gets there. 

Thats what happens with inconsistent players.....they pick you up and drop you.

I am not comfortable in terms of defending, with any of our full backs.

Old father times is creeping up on Ashley too....got mullered yesterday.

Watching Unai cam - you reckon Cash is going to pick up any Spanish by the time the season's done? 😂

Unai almost right on his heels when the play is around that area.

If we continue playing a bit asymmetrically, I think that will serve Cash well. He's the more athletic of the two fullbacks but Digne has the better delivery. So the occasional Cash overlap (and covering for Konsa's sudden overlaps) is a much more suitable role for him. 

• Thanks 1

Actually impressed by his technical play yesterday. He was passing inside and making options instead of his energy draining runs for nothing

Him and Konsa were much improved on the ball and I didnt expect that

he gets beaten a lot as the last man when a cross comes from our left to our right (over Cash/towards cash at the back post area)

im not sure if he gets targetted down that right, or something else, but a few times now i have seen crosses swung towards him and it tends to go over his head directly to an opposition player standing behind him.

not sure if its bad positioning, brilliant crossing, or him being specifically targetted as its an observed weakness, but regardless, i have seen it a few times now where i see the cross about to happen and i know its going to be borderline whether he cuts it out.

manure's goal came from it going over Cash's head and the rebound/miskicks after led to Shaw's weird goal, Gundogan's goal at the end of last season was the ball that went centimetres over cash's head directly to Gundogan.

Im sure there are other similar scenarios that didnt lead to a goal but were a concern, maybe even other goals i have forgot.

Anyways....just an observation.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Apologies if already linked (let me know, I'll delete this post) but this was absorbing viewing for me

A lot of one on one coaching for him this season then!

Makes sense it would be having to curb his intent to get forward than Digne with the way we set up.

Dealt well with that young lad for Utd. He felt threatening.

16 hours ago, MaVilla said:

he gets beaten a lot as the last man when a cross comes from our left to our right (over Cash/towards cash at the back post area)

im not sure if he gets targetted down that right, or something else, but a few times now i have seen crosses swung towards him and it tends to go over his head directly to an opposition player standing behind him.

not sure if its bad positioning, brilliant crossing, or him being specifically targetted as its an observed weakness, but regardless, i have seen it a few times now where i see the cross about to happen and i know its going to be borderline whether he cuts it out.

manure's goal came from it going over Cash's head and the rebound/miskicks after led to Shaw's weird goal, Gundogan's goal at the end of last season was the ball that went centimetres over cash's head directly to Gundogan.

Im sure there are other similar scenarios that didnt lead to a goal but were a concern, maybe even other goals i have forgot.

Anyways....just an observation.

We said the same Sunday, he gets dragged into the centre to often, leaving the space and player behind him

• Like 1

You know when you play FIFA and hold the power button for too long? Well, that's Cash when he delivers into the box 🤦

He did so, so well to beat the full back with tenacity to set up Emi's header...but why the hell didn't he just slowly roll the ball back for a first time shot a la Watkins and Ramsey v United?

Instead, he belts it chest height as hard as he can. 

When Coutinho first came, Cash seemed to get a habit if calmly cutting it back for a few games, hopefully he can get that back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He mentioned on motd he dislocated his shoulder dueing the summer and it wss hurting him but he would go worlc up regardless. 

Wonder of this is one thats going to need surgery come the summer

Edited by Demitri_C

on the bench for their friendly tonight versus Chile.

looks like their right wing back starting is Frankowski (RC lens), who is apparently mostly a right midfielder who can also play right back a bit.

wonder if he will be a starter for them at the WC.

Â