Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Seemingly the main reason Celtic want £40m for Édouard is because of Paris Saint-Germain's sell on clause.

A way around that could be to just buy two Celtic players for a combined fee, In other words if Édouard's worth £26m and the second Celtic player's worth £5m, give them £5m for Édouard and £26m for the second player, that way Celtic still get the combined fee for the both of them, but only have to give PSG 40 percent of £5m rather than £26m.

I'm sure that kind of workaround has happened in football before.

I don’t think it sounds legal. 

If it is legal it would be a pretty shit way to do business. Clubs would think twice before dealing with Celtic again.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

Just now, M_Afro said:

They have no crowds and no champions league. The amount of interest will dictate the price. If there isn’t much, then I could see him leaving for £25m. If there’s lots of interested parties then he is unlikely to come to us anyway.

Those days have gone buy where the buyer dictates the price. The seller now holds the cards and as you've seen with Watkins, they got exactly what they wanted from us. The days of clubs paying what they thought a player was worth are over, now it's about what that selling club is letting go of and how much they will be losing out on if they sell. They can now justify in keeping a player rather than selling for abit of money, clubs would rather keep there stars than sell and because they put that across they can turn round and get what they want for the player and a club has no choice but to pay the price now.

Crowds, champions league that's just a bonus for a player to signing for a club and for that player to pick and choose out of X amount of clubs where he goes. We at the moment have no crowds, no one does, we certainly dont havechampions league power grab attention. 

He will not for one second be sold at under 40 million unless his club decide that which is highly unlikely because they want to be paid for selling his services on and compensated. Clubs now want top dollar and they most certainly want a piece of the pie before big clubs turn there players into double, triple or even quadruple the price which they paid for a player from them.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Seemingly the main reason Celtic want £40m for Édouard is because of Paris Saint-Germain's sell on clause.

A way around that could be to just buy two Celtic players for a combined fee, In other words if Édouard's worth £26m and the second Celtic player's worth £5m, give them £5m for Édouard and £26m for the second player, that way Celtic still get the combined fee for the both of them, but only have to give PSG 40 percent of £5m rather than £26m.

Olivier Ntcham. 

15 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Nah this is what you go for 

Édouard

Rashica Grealish Watkins

Dougie (New CM)

That gets us competitive for the top 10. 

I would keep Luiz where he played brilliantly at after lockdown, why change him if hes perfect for the CDM role.

Rashica can play CAM as well as Grealish so I agree they can do abit of switching around there, Watkins on the right and Edouard as Lone. We should buy King and have him play center to be fair, hes got experience at alot of places on the pitch.

Cant see Rashica joining, personally I would rather have Leon Bailey than Rashica and he can play all across the front line, cam as well.

11 minutes ago, useless said:

PSG's solicitors will have all sorts of clauses in that contract. It's their job to close all the loopholes. If we were to sign Eduoard from Celtic we'd probably not be able to sign any other players from them within a certain timeframe to prevent them from doing something like that. When the money is at those levels the contracts are bound to be watertight.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, useless said:

Fulham did this with Seri & Le Marchand. we should offer them Samatta, (or choice of players) and a bit of cash for Edouard and offer £20mill plus Engels for Ajer.

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Imagine Celtic accept a player plus cash swap. So Lansbury or Hogan go to Celtic but as part of the sell on fee they give them the player. Lansbury in the champions League!

Neymar wont be letting Lansbury near his sister :P 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I Hope Please GIF
let it be Lansbury or Hogan 

To be fair either would be like footballing gods up there. Hogan would hit 20 plus and Lansbury would be spraying it about looking like a better looking David Beckham. 

Just now, sidcow said:

To be fair either would be like footballing gods up there. Hogan would hit 20 plus and Lansbury would be spraying it about looking like a better looking David Beckham. 

I take it if they away from wage bill 

we spent far too much on Lansbury’s tattoos and beauty treatments 

Â