Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

Wesley, Edouard, Watkins, Rashica is the stuff of wet dreams .... 

I’m sure Celtic would be interested in picking  from a choice of Hourihane, Taylor, Engels, Lansbury, Hogan, Samatta, Guilbert, Jota and the obligatory £20million... 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

To be fair either would be like footballing gods up there. Hogan would hit 20 plus and Lansbury would be spraying it about looking like a better looking David Beckham. 

homer simpson hunger GIF

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Wesley, Edouard, Watkins, Rashica is the stuff of wet dreams .... 

I’m sure Celtic would be interested in picking  from a choice of Hourihane, Taylor, Engels, Lansbury, Hogan, Samatta, Guilbert, Jota and the obligatory £20million... 

Would keep Hourihane. Taylor for time bein like January window till we can buy someone. Engles I would keep dont know why people say sell him when he could become good. Lansbury hell yes on the get rid button, Hogan Hell yeah x 50000. Samatta unless the price we paid came in for him we may as well keep on the off chance he could become better. Guilbert had some lovely games after lockdown and I believe he will be very good for us in the end, I like his pace and hes not scared to slide tackle and get stuck in. Jota is pointless now and hed be best being sold just so we can use his spot for someone useful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Not loving the idea of pushing Watkins wide to accommodate a new striker if I'm being honest. Kinda excited to see him play as a proper centre forward 

He only slightly outperformed his 17/18 season despite all the extra goals he scored I think. If he can maintain his scoring form (he had more shots in that season as well) which I think he can playing him out wide might make him more dangerous as he will be on smaller players and he can exploit the gap between the cb and full back. He can also get on crosses by targett or grealish more easily if he is the rw. 

• Like 1

I’d prefer him to stay another season at Celtic and we see how we progress, then if we think he’d be an upgrade to Watkins we try and get him. I just don’t think it’ll be enough to get him and other targets. Rashica and King would be a much starter move (as we already have Watkins).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Those days have gone buy where the buyer dictates the price. The seller now holds the cards and as you've seen with Watkins, they got exactly what they wanted from us. The days of clubs paying what they thought a player was worth are over, now it's about what that selling club is letting go of and how much they will be losing out on if they sell. They can now justify in keeping a player rather than selling for abit of money, clubs would rather keep there stars than sell and because they put that across they can turn round and get what they want for the player and a club has no choice but to pay the price now.

Crowds, champions league that's just a bonus for a player to signing for a club and for that player to pick and choose out of X amount of clubs where he goes. We at the moment have no crowds, no one does, we certainly dont havechampions league power grab attention. 

He will not for one second be sold at under 40 million unless his club decide that which is highly unlikely because they want to be paid for selling his services on and compensated. Clubs now want top dollar and they most certainly want a piece of the pie before big clubs turn there players into double, triple or even quadruple the price which they paid for a player from them.

Celtic rely on their crowds and CL money to balance the books. It will leave a massive hole in their finances that will need to be back filled somehow. Eduoard is their most saleable asset. I will be surprised if he doesn’t get sold this window.  The competition for his signature will dictate the price. I think come the end of the window there will be some absolute bargains to be had.

7 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Not loving the idea of pushing Watkins wide to accommodate a new striker if I'm being honest. Kinda excited to see him play as a proper centre forward 

I think it's unlikely we spent £ 28 million on a striker and he won't play as one. But even if we sign another striker, it's not really a bad thing if a newly aquired championship striker can rotate with others. Same could be said if we signed Edward.

For what it's worth I think it's more likely Watkins will hit the ground running in the PL than Edward. The SPL is such a poor league compared. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

He’d be wanted by “bigger clubs” in that case, would be in high demand. Now is a good opportunity to get a deal like this done and get a young player with form & huge potential.

What I like most about Edouard is his technique and range of finishing, he would be a great asset and is still young (only going to improve and has a high ceiling).

I’d be pleasantly surprised if we got him as I assumed we signed Watkins as first choice CF but who knows what the club are planning and just how much they can spend? Maybe the tactic is to spend big on players with fairly modest wages... kind of evens out then and a much more sensible and sustainable approach. The fact that we are trying to sign younger players on an “upward trajectory” is really exciting and will stand us in good stead.

Rashica and another winger or WF would be great. Martinez will finally sort our GK position out for the long term. Watkins may well play wide or interchange then...

It will be amazing to have genuine squad depth and competition too...

Who knows how many players we will be signing and what we will spend? The press & “ITKs” simply have no idea...

I’m glad to see that those in charge are not pissing about & realise that the squad needs major improvement to be competitive in the league rather than scrap for survival...

Intent is being demonstrated, exciting times indeed...

I agree Jas.

This could be similar to the Van Dijk situation, and we need to make ourselves the Southampton in that situation imo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I agree Jas.

This could be similar to the Van Dijk situation, and we need to make ourselves the Southampton in that situation imo.

Yeah, for us I think it’s now or never with this player (if we’re genuinely interested). He’s only 22 and has been prolific (not just in SPL, great record for France U21) and been performing for a while, comes from the PSG academy too... looks like he’s going to be a star. These are the kind of signings we need to be making given the opportunity.

Personally, I can’t see it after signing Watkins (who could also become a top player) but I have no idea what the club’s plans are...

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

I’m still worried, like at the start of the window, what if he doesn’t step up and is another Dwight Gayle.  

He’s only had one season as a striker, yes he has other attributes but we are all dreaming about him being a success.  The chances are just as high that he doesn’t step up.  That maybe just needs a season or so to step up or maybe he doesn’t, that’s the risk you get in buying a lower league player.  

It’s a massive risk going into the season with Watkins, Samatta and Davis as your fit strikers.

i would like another big striker to take the pressure off Watkins, to give us more options if we get a good winger to play with Jack we could have a mouth watering frontline options with Jack, Rashica, Eduoardo, Watkins and Wes.  Any three or four combination of those guys could be frightening.

I can see Watkins playing on the wing, he had two exceptional seasons there and Dean knows he can play there.  All last season did was confirm he can also play up front (all at a Championship level).

Dean has been quoted as saying that it was always a plan to move him to striker, but that doesn't mean he'll be able to perform at the level he did in the championship.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him play both positions at some point during the season, and if we signed Edouard then I would see that as confirming Watkins is starting as a winger.

Â