Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

One last time. It will not happen.

We should have brought this guy and not Watkins, but as we didn’t this isn’t happening.

Excuse me what was one last time, I'm not sure were all following here 😉..

I think it's very easy for a club with ambition to go out and buy who they well like and stick them where they see fit yeah to do the job??

I mean it's not as if Watkins will be wasted if hes put on the right if we get buy Edouard,he will be utilised regardless.

31 minutes ago, paul514 said:

One last time. It will not happen.

We should have brought this guy and not Watkins, but as we didn’t this isn’t happening.

Fair enough if you do not think it will happen, that's fine. But who knows what our plans are.We were also in for Wilson and Watkins but Wilson didn't happen. So we're obviously after another striker. Plus, Percy did say King and Edouard are targets. 

This signing may well not happen, but maybe the club have learnt a lesson from last season in not pinning all your hopes on one striker staying fit and scoring the goals required. I wouldn’t rule it out completely at the moment.

Last season we had no option than to keep playing Wesley even when he was struggling for form. When he was injured we were totally exposed up front, from which we never really recovered until after lockdown. Even then it was Trezeguet who popped up with vital goals.

I guess we are assessing things behind the scenes considering the likelihood of Samatta coming good, and whether Wesley is likely to a decent level after a serious injury. Both big risks considering the money involved.

29 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Fair enough if you do not think it will happen, that's fine. But who knows what our plans are.We were also in for Wilson and Watkins but Wilson didn't happen. So we're obviously after another striker. Plus, Percy did say King and Edouard are targets. 

I wouldn't say we're obviously in for another striker, I'm in the same boat regards having insight to the club's recruitment targets and strategy, but I know that when a club needs a player of a certain caliber to fulfill a certain position, and they are adamant about that, it's a must, then they will be thoroughly exploring potential suitors for the role. So while I don't know, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the multiple names being thrown around are still only going to amount to one signing for the role, even if all were genuine links at any given point in time.

Watkins could've been purchased as a player to play wide or central, don't know, not going to speculate, but I hope that he's our central man, and Rashica come in for the wide role.

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

How many seasons of his career has Watkins played centrally as opposed to a wing forward ? If the funds are there and the player is a single do you think we would risk again going into the season with just Watkins, Samatta & Davis up top?0

Deano also said he would watkins over any other brentford player back when he was a winger. Seems reasonable to me that Dean would want him as a winger and that he hopes his goal scoring form can carry over to a different position. 

1 hour ago, gaffer85 said:

Let's buy all the strikers😁

If we own all the strikers, then nobody will be able to score on us. . . ..

Villa playing 4D chess in the transfer market.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, newhavenhibby said:

He is at the age now where he needs to test himself so believe he will move soon........but where?????

I said yesterday I felt it was between us and Leicester, I actually think Arsenal too.

18 hours ago, colhint said:

Can't see him going to Arsenal, unless Abamuyang doesn't sign.

Or Lacazette leaves...

3 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Can he play wide forward? For the money reported he wouldn't come here to play second fiddle, if he comes in I wonder how it would affect Watkins. 

If we somehow managed to bring in Rashica and Edouard we would have 3 attackers who could interchange across the front 3.

Although I can't see it happening, it would certainly cause a lot of teams problems.

Â