Jaden Philogene

Kingman

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

If Hull accept an offer from someone for let's say £25m then villa would have the option to match it and if we did then they would automatically have to accept our bid too

Anything hull accept we can match and it is also accepted 

What I don't know then is if he has a contract already agreed with villa should that scenario happen 

Why would we need a clause to do that? That’s just a normal transfer?

The clause is £15m, if we offer that they are contractually obligated to accept our bid. Someone else can bid more, but we only have to bid £15m. It’s not that complicated.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

How do you know this?

I dont for sure, no one will, that's the thing with contract law, it can work however villa and hull agree it to work 

And there's hardly any precedent for it in English football

And at @duke313 not a normal transfer because under a normal transfer they'd have no obligation to tell us it was accepted or an obligation to accept our bid too but under a match bid clause they would 

Rooting for Hull to get promoted. 15m is nothing and probably offsets whatever profit we made since he's from the academy. It will turn out to basically be like a loan but we didn't have to commit to taking him back amd only will if he tears it up like he looks like he's doing. 

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I dont for sure, no one will, that's the thing with contract law, it can work however villa and hull agree it to work 

And there's hardly any precedent for it in English football

And at @duke313 not a normal transfer because under a normal transfer they'd have no obligation to tell us it was accepted or an obligation to accept our bid too but under a match bid clause they would 

Exactly my point.

There's not a chance on Terra Firma that Villa would agree to the deal how you structure it. 

A significant reason for those sales last summer was, as Monchi and Emery stayed, retaining "control" if the player. Mutually agreed buy back few allows this.

PSG could invest all their saved Mbappe wages in Hull, but Villa's agreed buyback clause is the only fee we would have to pay.

media reporting on him means they're either totally oblivious of any buy back (entirely possible) or that the clause is complicated. as others have said, there's no standard, it can be structured however the 2 clubs like

it could've been something like "villa have a buy back of £15m but if a champions league club offer £25m then that trumps villa's buy back" for example

26 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

media reporting on him means they're either totally oblivious of any buy back (entirely possible) or that the clause is complicated. as others have said, there's no standard, it can be structured however the 2 clubs like

it could've been something like "villa have a buy back of £15m but if a champions league club offer £25m then that trumps villa's buy back" for example

Birmingham Mail article from September quotes the Hull vice president saying that we have a 15 million buy back if they go up but also other clubs can match the same bid.

Way I read that is that we do have a first option but we dont have an agreed contract like with Archer and Ramsey so he can go somewhere else if he is interested

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Birmingham Mail article from September quotes the Hull vice president saying that we have a 15 million buy back if they go up but also other clubs can match the same bid.

Way I read that is that we do have a first option but we dont have an agreed contract like with Archer and Ramsey so he can go somewhere else if he is interested

interesting. i heard (can't remember where) that the reason the buy back was so low was that there were discussions around the wage he would be coming back on

however as i type, it might have been the archer deal they were talking about

1 minute ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Definitely think buying him back and not buying zaniolo would be much better business

But then buendia replaces zaniolo anyway and zaniolos role is already reduced with JJ being back 

Agree with Nigel, it's still hard to see him getting say 20+ starts for us next season 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Definitely think buying him back and not buying zaniolo would be much better business

As @Zatman has said, Zaniolo would be like prime Totti in the Championship.  Can't judge a player with 6 decent months in the Championship.

There is a lot of talk in this thread about Villa and Hull but remember the player (and his agent) will have played a significant role too. 

The reality is we don’t know what the terms of the clause are but you can be sure if JPB performs well and Villa want him back then the player will do well out of the deal too. 

I can’t remember the player but want there a situation a few years back where a club had a buy back clause and they resigned the player just to immediately sell them on for a significant profit? So these things can be worded anyway the clubs want. 

Last point I agree with others on two points. The championship is not the premier league and good performances there don’t necessarily translate to the premier league. And despite how good JPB is and how well he’s playing would he be a starter or even a first sub on the current Villa team? I think not. He would be a great addition for cover and cup games. 

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

Last point I agree with others on two points. The championship is not the premier league and good performances there don’t necessarily translate to the premier league. And despite how good JPB is and how well he’s playing would he be a starter or even a first sub on the current Villa team? I think not. He would be a great addition for cover and cup games. 

Anyone forgetting the difference in quality between the Premier League and the Championship only needs to remember that Scott Hogan once scored 14 goals in 25  Championship games.

Philogene will hopefully come back to us one day and be a very good player, but it's a bit early to get excited about him now and say he's better than what we already have. Emery decided that whilst he wanted to keep him, selling him was the right decision and I trust that.

12 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Anyone forgetting the difference in quality between the Premier League and the Championship only needs to remember that Scott Hogan once scored 14 goals in 25  Championship games.

Philogene will hopefully come back to us one day and be a very good player, but it's a bit early to get excited about him now and say he's better than what we already have. Emery decided that whilst he wanted to keep him, selling him was the right decision and I trust that.

Yep, Adel Taarabt, Andre Gray, Ross McCormack, Cameron Jerome, Ebanks Blake have all been top Championship players at one time. A lot more could name, the gap is huge

Players like Zaniolo, Duran, Dendoncker and Lenglet would be absolute immense in that division

16 minutes ago, duke313 said:

👀

What a load of clickbait bollocks.

We cant believe another team would try and sign a player we've got a fee agreed for... right. I imagine we either set the deal up in a way that another club cant circumvent it, or we accepted that another club may try to sign him and we'll be happy to compete with them for his signature. 

I imagine we're not in the slightest bit furious In either case. I hate modern journalism. 

We have surely just put in a normal buy back. All the "information" that has come out around bizzare conditions like we can only buy back if Hull are promoted or we need to match offers is just a bit ridiculous. The entire point of a buy back is so you don't get into a bidding war with other clubs. The entire point of a buy back is so you can buy a player based on how he's performing not the team he's at getting promoted. It's all "information" coming from unreliable sources.

Only thing I think is possible is our clause doesn't activate for 2 seasons unless Hull are promoted. As a lot of City's ones are like that for players they sold (like Luiz). In that case we might have a first refusal clause if he was sold this summer (ie match what Hull accept). But as we sold him for £5m we would hold the cards so just have the normal buy back in there.

• Like 1

Â