Jaden Philogene

Kingman

Surely we're not that stupid. He looked electric pre-season, and to then wager it all on Hull getting promoted? Doesn't make sense.

Edited by AV82

23 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

he asked to leave, Emery didnt want to sell him.

Do people forget that!?

And then we sold him with a clause meaning we can bring him back 

Everyone's done OK out of this 

Let's not pretend he'd have started 20 games for us this season 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And then we sold him with a clause meaning we can bring him back 

Everyone's done OK out of this 

Let's not pretend he'd have started 20 games for us this season 

Whats the truth here tho?

I have seen in many places that the buy back is only valid if they are in the same league as us?, now, to me that sounds like a strange deal to agree to, but if its true, it doesnt sound so good?

If it was a straight buy back option with no strange clauses, then yes i agree, very good to have the option.

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Whats the truth here tho?

I have seen in many places that the buy back is only valid if they are in the same league as us?, now, to me that sounds like a strange deal to agree to, but if its true, it doesnt sound so good?

If it was a straight buy back option with no strange clauses, then yes i agree, very good to have the option.

The one I’ve seen that makes the most sense is 15m if in the same division or the right to match any other offer. 

Would make little sense if we were only going to buy him back if we were relegated or on the off chance of promotion since Hull were nowhere near favorites. 

Edited by DJBOB

41 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Surely we're not that stupid. He looked electric pre-season, and to then wager it all on Hull getting promoted? Doesn't make sense.

Sounds like spin to me to from Hull's side to keep their fans happy and to make it sound like they aren't just developing a player for us with a low buy back clause. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

£15m IF Hull get promoted. Do we think that sounds accurate?

i have read many times that is was only IF they get promoted.

No idea on the cost, but the "only if in same league" thing is something i have read many times.

I personally dont like it, the buy back option should be in there without any other caveats, to agree to it only if they are in the same league as us, just sounds very silly on our part tbh.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

If he wanted to leave to play football which is what it sounds like then I imagine a buyback for JPB might be a bit different than Ramsey and Archer. I cant imagine him pre agreeing a contract with no guarantee of games

I've seen enough. Bring him back. Own goal or not that's just a filthy level of skill. Bailey and Philogene sounds like a 70s Funk band and would absolutely terrify teams trying to low block us. 

• Haha 2

He's showing some good skills and numbers but a few things.

1. He's been injured for large portion of season. Injuries have always been an issue for him even when playing for the u23s etc. 

2. When he has played the majority of teams he's faced are those at the bottom end of the Championship. It's a large step up from this to the Premier League.

Still he's doing well and fair play to him for making the move and challenging himself. He wouldn't have made it just staying with us imo, so for his long term development this was the best thing he could have done. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jayEm said:

It's cracking play by him, but he doesn't actually rabona it into the net, the ball is going across the face of goal but takes a deflection in off a defender.

Yeah, it's pretty shit basically. 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

5th best player in the championship this season with a rating of 7.48, according to whoscored.

And that’s being injured half of it.

Listen, and you will because it’s Delphinho talking, selling him for the paltry amount we did, was a bad, bad decision. The players we have excelling now weren’t putting up the stats he was in the championship.

This idea that ‘he left to get minutes’ is f****** b*******. If we were smart, we’d have known he was talented and right now, honestly, he’d probably be getting minutes ahead of Diaby.

Boils my blood it does. Like when Buendia does an interview. I hates it I does.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

And that’s being injured half of it.

Listen, and you will because it’s Delphinho talking, selling him for the paltry amount we did, was a bad, bad decision. The players we have excelling now weren’t putting up the stats he was in the championship.

This idea that ‘he left to get minutes’ is f****** b*******. If we were smart, we’d have known he was talented and right now, honestly, he’d probably be getting minutes ahead of Diaby.

Boils my blood it does. Like when Buendia does an interview. I hates it I does.

He wouldn't though would he? 

And you could say we got zaniolo in instead of him, zaniolo has started 7 PL games (and I doubt he finished any of them...) 

PB wasn't getting minutes here, again zaniolo has 534 league minutes, PB despite being injured has 1461

Edited by villa4europe

Â