Jaden Philogene

Kingman

45 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We have surely just put in a normal buy back. All the "information" that has come out around bizzare conditions like we can only buy back if Hull are promoted or we need to match offers is just a bit ridiculous. The entire point of a buy back is so you don't get into a bidding war with other clubs. The entire point of a buy back is so you can buy a player based on how he's performing not the team he's at getting promoted. It's all "information" coming from unreliable sources.

Only thing I think is possible is our clause doesn't activate for 2 seasons unless Hull are promoted. As a lot of City's ones are like that for players they sold (like Luiz). In that case we might have a first refusal clause if he was sold this summer (ie match what Hull accept). But as we sold him for £5m we would hold the cards so just have the normal buy back in there.

It came from the Hull vice chairman. He is probably as reliable a source we can get

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It came from the Hull vice chairman. He is probably as reliable a source we can get

or unreliable depending on his motivations for divulging it

• Like 2

Wasn't the suggestion that the buy back clause might be lower if they aren't promoted?
I'm going to trust that the club haven't let a great prospect slip away through some convoluted clause until if and when that actually happens.

Talk about starts, and who we have - we aim to be in a very different place next season - getting into the CL, and making progress will need a bigger squad.

We have been able to keep 2x LBs happy for a year - rotating and substituting every game (on the odd occasion they're both fit). It's been vital to our play.
Baily/Diaby rarely complete 90 mins, and seem to be prone to tiredness. 
Making 5 subs a game has changed the who squad mentality.

If JPB came back, and was up to standard - he'd get a lot of game time.  

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Wasn't the suggestion that the buy back clause might be lower if they aren't promoted?
I'm going to trust that the club haven't let a great prospect slip away through some convoluted clause until if and when that actually happens.

The owner is only telling the fans about the price should they get promoted which is £15m and Villa need to match any higher offer. 

We heard similar in relation to us having to buy Archer back for set price if Sheffield United are relegated. 

We are only hearing these things which are to the clear benefit of their clubs. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

He wanted to leave compared to the others and this is why I am not sure we have a contract guaranteed like the others. He also isnt a local lad so he doesnt have same affinity as Archer and Ramsey so might not be as keen to move back

I just cannot believe we have put a clause into a contract that is premised on Hull - considered a bang average Championship side who were a million miles from favoured to be promoted at the start of this season - somehow having a wonder season and getting promoted. It would be like having a clause in a contract that was premised on Palace qualifying for the Champions League. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

Talk about starts, and who we have - we aim to be in a very different place next season - getting into the CL, and making progress will need a bigger squad.

We have been able to keep 2x LBs happy for a year - rotating and substituting every game (on the odd occasion they're both fit). It's been vital to our play.
Baily/Diaby rarely complete 90 mins, and seem to be prone to tiredness. 
Making 5 subs a game has changed the who squad mentality.

If JPB came back, and was up to standard - he'd get a lot of game time.  

If we get Champions League then keeping squad players happy becomes a lot easier (and necessary) because we'll need to rotate a lot more and need a higher quality of player to do it

I was very impressed with him tonight, won a lot of tackles - the commentary mentioned he's won more tackles than any other player in the Hull squad this season, was also winning a lot of fifty-fiftys, doesn't hold back at all, barely ever gives the ball away even under immense pressure, and looked a threat in the final third as expected

He did have a few awful attempts at goal towards the end, which would have been very frustrating for Hull fans when they were trying to regain the lead, basically wasted the attack with time running out, but other than those last moments was very impressive

31 minutes ago, useless said:

I was very impressed with him tonight, won a lot of tackles - the commentary mentioned he's won more tackles than any other player in the Hull squad this season, was also winning a lot of fifty-fiftys, doesn't hold back at all, barely ever gives the ball away even under immense pressure, and looked a threat in the final third as expected

He did have a few awful attempts at goal towards the end, which would have been very frustrating for Hull fans when they were trying to regain the lead, basically wasted the attack with time running out, but other than those last moments was very impressive

Its that work ethic that will give him the chance to make it in the Prem or in another major league. But i do wonder if when he does make some awful attempts its because he is knackered from all the tracking and tackling. There always needs to be a balance between allowing a player free reign and the responsibility to the team. He is a match winner and as such needs to be kept fresh to make the most of opportunities 

Hull as a team were making mistakes towards the end as they had tired themselves out, other than those two late wayward shots Philogene played very well

Edited by useless

• 3 weeks later...

Palace linked with him now though interesting its getting reported that we have a 15 million option but they will charge a higher price to other teams

The buyback is only fifteen million if Hull get promoted, it's less if they don't, probably around ten million as that's what Collomose has reported the buyback to be. I think It's pretty much guaranteed that we will be buying him back, but whether we do so to use for our squad or to sell on for a profit is another question

8 minutes ago, useless said:

The buyback is only fifteen million if Hull get promoted, it's less if they don't, probably around ten million as that's what Collomose has reported the buyback to be. I think It's pretty much guaranteed that we will be buying him back, but whether we do so to use for our squad or to sell on for a profit is another question

Interesting, i thought the buyback deal was "only" if they were promoted.

If there is a buy back regardless of promotion or not, thats good, assuming he would want to come back to us (as he wanted to leave as not a first teamer - so not sure why he would be happy to come back as a squad player......which is what was offered in the summer).

I don't think Philogene left because he wasn't going to be a starter, in fact I'm pretty sure of it, he would have left because he wouldn't have even been likely to get much game time off the bench, he would have been a bit part player, even Emery said so, if he thought he would get as much game time as the likes of Zaniolo and Rogers are getting then he probably would have stayed, and if he was to come back I don't think he would be expecting to come in as a starter, he's not going to get that any Premier League club, not to begin with anyway, unless you've got a Hull, Luton, Ipswich type team in the PL next season, but would probably prefer to play for us a rotation option.

His reputation now is different to what it was in the summer, he's more proven, so if we were to buy him back for our squad, it would obviously be with the intention of using him more next season than the intention would have been at the start of this season

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Interesting, i thought the buyback deal was "only" if they were promoted.

If there is a buy back regardless of promotion or not, thats good, assuming he would want to come back to us (as he wanted to leave as not a first teamer - so not sure why he would be happy to come back as a squad player......which is what was offered in the summer).

As I've said before, to believe the bolded you'd have to believe that we were betting on rank outsiders Hull to get promoted, and why would we have done that? It wasn't seen as likely at the start of the season. 

• Like 1

Â