Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

So genuine question which is related to this transfer. Can you apply for work permits before you actually sign a player? This has been dragging on for so long it would be nice if we had the work permit side of things sorted before the actual transfer goes through (if it even does).

He has to have a concrete job to come to for a permit application, hope I'm very wrong though as your idea is tip top.

7 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

my prediction is Milot will be at the game Monday night and be signed on Wednesday, Traore done deal today and big progress on the strker front breaking, Ally out and we linked to someone that will blow our minds.

Didn't one of the many Twitter accounts say something about Villa going for a player which would be a real statement of intent?  Is that Rashica / Traore or someone else?

7 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

my prediction is Milot will be at the game Monday night and be signed on Wednesday, Traore done deal today and big progress on the strker front breaking, Ally out and we linked to someone that will blow our minds.

Short odds on none of this happening unfortunately.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Didn't one of the many Twitter accounts say something about Villa going for a player which would be a real statement of intent?  Is that Rashica / Traore or someone else?

To me those 2 are what I'd expect to get to the next level in our progress. Statement of intent would be Dybala, Greizmann, Hazard etc very doubtful but statement of intent should mean the highest level

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

To me those 2 are what I'd expect to get to the next level in our progress. Statement of intent would be Dybala, Greizmann, Hazard etc very doubtful but statement of intent should mean the highest level

Hazard!? As in Eden Hazard!? Good lord, that would be incredible but I think we’re years away from that kind of transfer unfortunately.

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Hazard!? As in Eden Hazard!? Good lord, that would be incredible but I think we’re years away from that kind of transfer unfortunately.

Yeah as I said very very doubtful (as in no feckin chance), not yet anyway🤞, what level do you see as a statement of intent

• Like 1

But the fact remains: A Transfer for Milot Rashica is anything but off the table - and Aston Villa is also still in the race. Baumann confirms this. “There are several interested parties and Aston Villa is one of them.” 

https://www.deichstube.de/news/werder-bremen-milot-rashica-transfer-aston-villa-wechsel-interesse-abloese-neuer-verein-bundesliga-transfer-news-zr-90043298.html

Edited by CarryOnVilla

Does their window slam shut at the same time as ours does?  They will surely want to be getting three and fourpence in themselves which will take time.  I'm sure it's dragged on long enough for them as well. 

But we are not into statement of intents like James Rodriguez.  He has been a great player in the past but has not really done it for a few years and will be on big wages with no resale value.

Rashica (a player that appears to me to have been the Grealish of the Bundesliga - almost keeping Werder Bremen in it singlehandedly), and the re-signing of Grealish, plus Watkins and Traore, has re-shaped our front 4 into a potentially very potent attacking unit AND they are all 25 or under.  I can't wait to see that type of talent feeding off what I believe is already a top half CM of the newly invigorated Luiz and SJM.  Both of these wingers are inverted as well so it should open up space for attacking full backs which I am looking forward to seeing how Cash, in particular, can exploit.

I think the statement of intent has been in the overall quality up lift.  I would hope this would result in an assault on the top half.  It should also mean that we only need to purchase two or three next summer and then we can maybe look at some real wow signings.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

It's interesting how we all interpret things differently, to me statement of intent means WOW, however, as you have explained it, it does make me think wow about Rashica, I cant wait to see him here 🤞 but I don't think the opposition is going to sit up and notice him as a statement of intent before they have been destroyed by him. If we were in a position to have got James Rodriguez for example, people would be like, wtf wow. The names I mentioned in the original post were totally pie in the sky names and we are not there YET!

Would prefer to remain under the radar for as long as possible in all honestly 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Would prefer to remain under the radar for as long as possible in all honestly 

That makes sense boss

after the last 10 years though I'm champing at the bit for success, I'm sick of hearing how well the likes of Leics and Wolves are doing, I mean come on, who are they ffs

24 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Well, no. Not unless you're a club in the tier below the highest level (which I'm interpreting to mean a Champions league contender) and want to kick on.  IMO a statement of intent is a signing with a better reputation and perceived level of ability than the average player in the squad of the team trying to buy him. The statement being that the club want to push on to the next level and are showing ambition through the signing. Rashica certainly fits that profile for us. 

How do clubs, like us, or the many other levels below, show a statement of intent otherwise? It's impossible for us to sign a player like Hazard, for example.

Yes. A shock signing is a player who would reasonably be expected by neutral/other fans to join a champions league side but comes to us instead. A statement of intent is signing more than one player of that calibre in the same window - imo.