Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

17 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Yet the WB’s director of sport has been quoted to say they are in discussions with Aston Villa 

Yup seen all that, read the sound bites but I still ain’t convinced there is any legs in this...

Honestly not looking to piss on anyone’s chips but our business has followed a certain path yet this is completely different,  so if somethings looks like it ain’t happening then usually that’s your outcome.. This being football can mean less predictability and I genuinely hope this does happen even if it’s on deadline day, but right now it just don’t feel right for one reason or another..

Edited by Cosmik Debris

1 minute ago, Cosmik Debris said:

Yup seen all that, read the sound bites but I still ain’t convinced there is any legs in this...

Honestly not looking to piss on anyone’s chips but our business has followed a certain path yet this is completely differently so if somethings looks like it ain’t happening then usually that’s your outcome.. This being football can mean less predictability and I genuinely hope this does happen even if it’s on deadline day but right now it just don’t feel right for one reason or another..

There's a lot of moving parts to this deal so I can see why you're skeptical but there certainly IS legs in this deal. Not saying it will get done but it's now looking pretty likely!!

Just now, Cosmik Debris said:

Honestly not looked to piss on anyone’s chips but our business has followed a certain path yet this is completely differently so if somethings looks like it ain’t happening then usually that’s your outcome.. This being football can mean less predictability and I genuinely hope this does happen even if it’s on deadline day but right now it just don’t feel right for one reason or another..

secret handshake fist bump GIF by TipsyElves.com

this where we all are on this, even the doubters, the fish punners, the boob loves and the page count moaners.  It’s clear Rashica is leaving Bremen this window, the question is where? That little bit of hope ain’t going until Milot leaves or the Window slams shut. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Page count still going backwards even after last night's surgery? 

The way this is going he could well sign before page 300!  Fingers and toes crossed.   I'm starting to get uneasy about this now.  I don't understand what would take so long. 

What took Watkins deal so long?

Swear this thread was 322 earlier. Someone undoing all the hard work!

If he has agreed terms and we're fannying about over £1/2m for a player like this it's our own fault if he goes elsewhere.

He's definitely worth £25m.

4 hours ago, Awol said:

Yes. A shock signing is a player who would reasonably be expected by neutral/other fans to join a champions league side but comes to us instead. A statement of intent is signing more than one player of that calibre in the same window - imo. 

I would think most fans in Germany would think Rashica would be going to a Champions League club? I'm fairly sure in a normal year he probably would too. 

RBL obviously want him but can't spend the dosh this year, German teams don't get near the TV money we do so will be suffering more without fans. 

As someone said earlier, he's kind of the Grealish of German Football.  If someone like Burnley or Sheffield United signed Jack Grealish it would definitely be thought of as a statement of intent.  Just because to us Rashica isn't that well known as he plays in Germany doesn't lessen the stature of the signing. 

Fish fish fishy fish. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Swear this thread was 322 earlier. Someone undoing all the hard work!

If he has agreed terms and we're fannying about over £1/2m for a player like this it's our own fault if he goes elsewhere.

He's definitely worth £25m.

I think its probably the structure of the deal rather than agreeing the fee if you trust the journo's that said fee had been agreed. We will be offering installments to help with our FFP and they will want it all upfront to help with their cashflow...presume they'll meet in the middle at some point before the window SLAMS shut.

Just now, sidcow said:

This had been going on way, way longer than Watkins. 

that's not really the answer to my question...

The Watkins deal took ages, so has this, maybe longer.

But, we got Watkins, so what what was the delay there?

Could be the same delay. I believe it is

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

After a visit to Shrewsbury's cat cafe this morning, I'm now off to Talacre for a coastal fish and chips in Milot's honour. Picture when I return home. Cod or haddock, what would Milot go for? 

He would probably talk to his agent, visit about 5 different chippy's and then decide.But by then they could all be closed for the afternoon.

18 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

He would probably talk to his agent, visit about 5 different chippy's and then decide.But by then they could all be closed for the afternoon.

He’d definitely go for a chippy in Europe!

20 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Get @Xela to take him for a ring stinger madras and then withold the chilled toilet roll until he signs. 

Simple.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

that's not really the answer to my question...

The Watkins deal took ages, so has this, maybe longer.

But, we got Watkins, so what what was the delay there?

Could be the same delay. I believe it is

My guess is that we needed (or felt we needed) Watkins more than we do a player like Rashica. It was clear our strikers on current form were not up to the task of starting this season. The wingers arguably weren't either, but Trez ended the season ok and playing him and Grealish in our first game wouldn't be the end of the world. Playing those two with Samatta or Davis up front and you can kiss goodbye to any points until we got Watkins in. 

With Watkins we held out as long as possible before acquiesing to Brentford's demands. They would want him to have some game time before our first PL match. With Rashica we have more leeway so we are less movable. Presumably, once deadline day looms we'll be more willing to flex, as would WB if noone else has come in in the interim.

Still expect this to happen assuming the ITK Rigo was info was accurate.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

My guess is that we needed (or felt we needed) Watkins more than we do a player like Rashica. It was clear our strikers on current form were not up to the task of starting this season. The wingers arguable weren't either, but Trez ended the season ok and playing him and Grealish in our first game wouldnt be the end of the world. Playing those two with Samatta or Davis up front and you can kiss goodbye to any points until we got Watkins in. 

With watkins we held out as long as possible before acquiesing to Brentford's demands. With Rashica we have more leeway so our less movable. Presumably, once deadline day looms we'll be more willing to flex, as would WB if noone else has come in in the interim.

Still expect this to happen assuming the ITK Rigo was info was accurate.

to use a glib SSN term "who blinks first"