Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

1. We really shouldn't have though. Players have been back in training with their clubs for only a week. If we have that attitude then we will attract no one.

2. I don't see anywhere that the club are being held to ransom on this. Players have welfares and their families along with their careers to consider in any move to any team.

3. I disagree about his wages. I don't agree with writing the player off before he has arrived unless genuine reason to do so, but there we go. What you do say will be no different to when Benteke arrived with us.

4. I don't see why we should have signed anyone significant by now? It would be ideal for pre season sure, but not the end of the world if it doesn't materialise that way.

I can't argue with any of your points. My opinion is purely based and the feelings I get, and I'm under no illusions that I can't be completely wrong.

My hunch is it stinks, and I don't like it.

NB I am not ITK, I'm just some bloke sitting in his backyard, bored because there is no Villa match to watch tonight.

I'll say anything to get a response from someone 😂

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

Just a quick update on this chaps....

We have now surpassed the Trezeguét thread. Anwar El Ghazi next.

This is actually really interesting, who is after El Ghazi?

10 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I never claimed to be going on facts, I openly admit my opinion is based on what little we know so far. 

I have no problem with what you are suggesting, but if anything it backs my argument that we should be looking elsewhere already and not waiting on some maybe.

Aston Villa is no woman's backup date to the prom.

Will this be replacing “Prepared” and can we have it in Latin?

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

1 Thanks mate, I thought I was going on another lonely rant but I always try and say what I think honestly. 

2 I just can't believe we are still entertaining this transfer, it either should be done by now or we should have walked away.

3 Who is he to reject us, even if we aren't the top team we used to be. I'm sure he'll be paid more and be in a far wider seen shop window. 

4 If he's that good he gets his move in 18 months onwards and everyone wins.

1 That's fair enough. Everyone has their opinions.

2 I don't see the big issue, yes it has gone on slower than what us fans are wanting -granted, but as highlighted in my last post and even quoted by Werder in stages now too that these things do not happen overnight. It's a very FM19 like mentality that our fans get caught up with at times. Not you personally.

We all want to sign all the players and spend all the monies and everyone already be lined up for this season's team photo.

I think there has been enough said to make this crystal clear as to why it's not over the line yet too which is a pain in the arse with the waiting.

We cannot have this attitude as we may aswell not even approach any players If we don't get a word back within 2 days? It just doesn't happen like that. You know that though mate.

3 He hasn't rejected us and nothing anywhere to show that he has chosen what to do just yet. Again, see my point above. It's been highlighted we are waiting for an answer from him but equally we may have also given him a time factor to decide by? 

4 hopefully not  

Edited by AvfcRigo82
Edit. Too much of a rant.
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

This is actually really interesting, who is after El Ghazi?

Here you go.....

Trezeguet (139)
Anwar El Ghazi (151)
Keinan Davis (181)
SJM (212)
John Terry (227)
Douglas Luiz (233)
Conor Hourihane (254)
Tyrone Mings (254)
Scott Hogan (276)
Wesley (364)
Jack (1573)

I'm going to call it now. This thread will overtake El Ghazi, but will peter out before it reaches Keinan Davis. 

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

I think we all just need to have a little patience 

This is obviously true, as you can easily see the lack of movement in the market. There is however the argument we're not in the position of most other clubs.

We survived by 1 point and looked dead and buried for large parts of the season. 

Our recruitment from last summer failed more or less and the very few that looked half decent took a long time to gel with the squad and settle down. 

Our strikers have been a complete failure all season. 

We don't have a lot of room for errors in terms of preperations for next season, so getting in a few faces as early as possible would be a huge advantage.

33 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Who is he to reject us, even if we aren't the top team we used to be. I'm sure he'll be paid more and be in a far wider seen shop window.

Someone with the possibility of playing in the Champions League next season.

With any player of a certain standard we're going to be in the same situation (if all this is true). The better the player the more options they have—if we go too far down our list we'll end up with similar players to last year who weren't quite up to it.

Rashica is the first potential signing from abroad I've actually heard of maybe since Carew. My knowledge of football outside of Villa isn't great, but it'd be an ambitious signing and a huge signifier to other potential players that we want to progress. Players like that don't come easily. Maybe it's like asking a hot girl out when we're not that good looking at the moment. If we're going to succeed here we're going to have to put in a lot of work.

Edited by Rolta

43 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Just a quick update on this chaps....

We have now surpassed the Trezeguét thread. Anwar El Ghazi next.

Can someone please remake that grim reaper meme going from door to door with all the players' threads that have been beaten?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

Christ, I will make this as clear as I possibly can. PLEASE READ THIS VERY CAREFULLY. 

PLEASE SHOW US THE DIRECT QUOTE FROM HIM OR HIS AGENT, BEGGING FOR A MOVE TO RBL.

PLEASE THEN SHOW US THE QUOTE FROM HIM OR HIS AGENT STATING THAT HE IS DESPERATE FOR CL FOOTBALL.

These are the things you have stated pretty much as fact. Please don't deny that, go read back your own posts.

Don't link some woolley quote saying he is interested in playing CL football, nor anything that starts "it is reported that", not "xyz understands",  or anything from the Birmingham Mail. We are asking you to provide something that categorically backs up the things you have said.

The reason you are getting so much kickback is not because everyone believes he is coming here, but because you have come on, lambasting everyone for believing "sources", demanding proof and them making statements of fact yourself, including repeatedly stating that he has rejected us and then failing to back them up with anything that matches what you have said.

As I said before, it is fine to state these things as your opinion, but the way you have been coming in as if you are the only one that knows anything and criticising everyone, and then doubling down on it, and then mentioning Trump (FFS!) has gotten everyone's backs up.

If you don't like the speculation on here in this thread, don't post in it. It is really that simple.

Well said.

Aston Villa est scriptor tergum mulier ad diem magnum chorus

You’ve certainly carpe  diemed with that little beauty. I’ll be expecting all your posts to be in Latin from hence forth. It adds a touch of class to the place. Which is not the kind of thing you’d find on a SHA site, that’s for sure. 

Here you go.....

Trezeguet (139)
Anwar El Ghazi (151)
Keinan Davis (181)
SJM (212)
John Terry (227)
Douglas Luiz (233)
Conor Hourihane (254)
Tyrone Mings (254)
Scott Hogan (276)
Wesley (364)
Jack (1573)

I'm going to call it now. This thread will overtake El Ghazi, but will peter out before it reaches Keinan Davis. 

A bit like one of Neil Taylor’s crosses then. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3