Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

Just now, Keyblade said:

Typically footballers want to play in the CL and not in a relegation fight? It would be unreasonable to assume the opposite.

I would be pissed if we signed a player who turned down RB leipzig and just came here as we offered more money. Thats a worst attitude 

Just now, Keyblade said:

Typically footballers want to play in the CL and not in a relegation fight? It would be unreasonable to assume the opposite.

So how does that make he has an interest in Villa ‘reasonable to assume’ Lol

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

So how does that make he has an interest in Villa ‘reasonable to assume’ Lol

Because you have provided no legitimate sources to deny it. Tribuna or beliruma or whatever its called isn't a credible source 

6 minutes ago, rayk said:

But why is (ii) reasonable to assume against the background of the news that (I) he want to play for RB Leipzig (ii) or CL football and (iii) not playing relegation football?

What are you basing your ‘reasonable to assume on’?

I don't understand the question 

Its reasonable to assume he has some interest in joining us because if he didn't any negotiations would have been shut down immediately. If we decided to go for Ronaldo or Messi I don't think we'd get to the "haggling over a fee" stage before their lack of interest was made abundantly clear to us. 

Therefore the fact that the negotiations have been going on a while, it's reasonable to assume he has at least some interest in signing. We may not be his 1st choice, he may not be begging us for the chance to play for the mighty Villa, but he is at least open to that possibility 

It's also reasonable to assume he wants to play for RB and wants to play Champions League football, I just don't think anyone thinks that's as big a deal as you seem to 

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would be pissed if we signed a player who turned down RB leipzig and just came here as we offered more money. Thats a worst attitude 

What, like John McGinn turned down Celtic and signed for us because we offered more money. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rayk said:

Angry? Lol I want it to happen I’m just saying what are the ‘sources around it’ compared to the consistent newsflow of ...... again   (I) he wants to play for RB Leipzig (ii) or CL football and (iii) not playing relegation football?

This is like people believing a Donald Trump tweet over news on CNN lol

There are not many sources. Not sure how many you'd expect. Most signings last summer came with barely any reporting on them previously. 

You dismiss it, but the Kosovan journalist, who clearly knows the player, is a decent source. Maybe not for breaking news on CNN but in the world of football transfers definitely. 

The whole 'if he wanted to be here he would' argument surely works with RBL as well. He isn't there at this moment so clearly that deal has issues. 

Ultimately I have no idea if we will get him, but I think we are definitely in for him and whilst he doesn't sign for RBL we have a chance. 

Like i said, not sure why any of that would get you wound up  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, weedman said:

Its reasonable to assume he has some interest in joining us because if he didn't any negotiations would have been shut down immediately. If we decided to go for Ronaldo or Messi I don't think we'd get to the "haggling over a fee" stage before their lack of interest was made abundantly clear to us. 

Therefore the fact that the negotiations have been going on a while, it's reasonable to assume he has at least some interest in signing. We may not be his 1st choice, he may not be begging us for the chance to play for the mighty Villa, but he is at least open to that possibility 

It's also reasonable to assume he wants to play for RB and wants to play Champions League football, I just don't think anyone thinks that's as big a deal as you seem to 

Sorry, what negotiations? I’m being asked to cite what I say so have either WB or his agent confirmed any negotiations? How do you know he is open to that possibility?

3 minutes ago, weedman said:

Also he would have been well aware we sounded him out in January. If he had no interest at all we'd have known about it then but something made us come back in for him. Teams nowadays generally know if a player has any interest before they get to the haggling stage.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What, like John McGinn turned down Celtic and signed for us because we offered more money. 

Errr, SJM wasn’t begging in the media for a move to Celtic though......

Look.  It's simple. 

99% of professional football players want to play in The Champions League and earn massive wages. 

If they can't sign for a team in The Champions league who will pay massive wages they will sign for whoever else is offering them massive wages. 

You've got to get away from being bitter about this.  They are professionals, they chase the money.  It's not a bad thing, it's normal. 

If I move jobs I want to work for the best company I can for the most money I can. I'm not evil or mercinary, it's just what people do when seeking employment. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

There are not many sources. Not sure how many you'd expect. Most signings last summer came with barely any reporting on them previously. 

You dismiss it, but the Kosovan journalist, who clearly knows the player, is a decent source. Maybe not for breaking news on CNN but in the world of football transfers definitely. 

The whole 'if he wanted to be here he would' argument surely works with RBL as well. He isn't there at this moment so clearly that deal has issues. 

Ultimately I have no idea if we will get him, but I think we are definitely in for him and whilst he doesn't sign for RBL we have a chance. 

Like i said, not sure why any of that would get you wound up  

I don’t dismiss it at all but I’m also open to the Kosovan journalist being fed a story by Werder Bremen.

And no ‘if he wanted to be at RBL he would know does not work at this stage at least because they haven’t met WB’s valuation.

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Except that didnt happen. Celtic low balled Hibs and never had a bid accepted

3 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

This is gonna happen really late in the window or not at all. Gonna snooze this thread for a while 

That’s also one of my points.....I don’t think we should wait until really late in the window to get him if that means we lose out on other targets and this fella comes all p*ssed off to not getting his move to RBL.

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

Sorry, what negotiations? I’m being asked to cite what I say so have either WB or his agent confirmed any negotiations? How do you know he is open to that possibility?

Again I'm making reasonable assumptions based on the information we have so far, you are jumping to whatever conclusions you can to back up your posts and stating them as absolute facts, this is why you're encountering so much opposition to your posts. 

Also see:

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Also he would have been well aware we sounded him out in January. If he had no interest at all we'd have known about it then but something made us come back in for him. Teams nowadays generally know if a player has any interest before they get to the haggling stage.

Which I think is a better way of wording the point I'm trying to make. 

And because I've just noticed it:

3 minutes ago, rayk said:

Errr, SJM wasn’t begging in the media for a move to Celtic though......

Show 1 quote where he's begging in the media for a move, he's not. You are jumping to wild conclusions based on nothing but speculation and presenting it as absolute fact. This is why you encounter so much opposition to your posts. 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Except that didnt happen. Celtic low balled Hibs and never had a bid accepted

If John McGinn had wanted to go to Celtic, he would have gone to Celtic.  They wanted him alright.  He wanted to earn more money with us.