Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

14 minutes ago, Nigel said:

One day rashica will find this thread........

He’s already found it and has got £10k on with the bookies that it’ll reach 200 pages and won’t sign until it does. Keep posting we can get this over the line. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Haha 2

Interesting that the Bremen guy seems to think that C-19 has massively impacted the market. They are clearly a bit desperate but accepting of the obvious economic reality.
I think this is why nothing is happening. Selling clubs are clinging on to the hope that someone will pay over the odds for their players. As the window nears a close those clubs will become more desperate. The last week could be like a massive fire sale!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

other mothers had also given birth to good footballers

He actually said “MOFOs” he’s a real bad ass negotiator. I’m expecting Purslow to be watching The Wire box set, to up his game for a suitable response. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Interesting that the Bremen guy seems to think that C-19 has massively impacted the market. They are clearly a bit desperate but accepting of the obvious economic reality.
I think this is why nothing is happening. Selling clubs are clinging on to the hope that someone will pay over the odds for their players. As the window nears a close those clubs will become more desperate. The last week could be like a massive fire sale!

This Bremen guy, hes just another fan isnt he? 

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

It could get interesting for many clubs.

I am greatful we have such fantastic owners or we too would be massively shitting ourselves until October 5th.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

It's so shit that the window goes on to the 5th of October—and reading the website it seems we can trade with EFL teams until the 16th of October (not sure if that is only one way). We could be waiting a while and we could be more or less the same team that struggled for the first few games. At least we have a week off at the start.

12 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Let's look at it from this angle for a second.

What if I had posted on this board last week that Villa have made a bid for Werder Breman Milot Rashica.

Stacey Adams* in the ticket office told me that we have made a bid for him and he will be signed and then announced on Friday the 21st August 2020.

Firstly, Rashica doesn't sign on Friday the 21st August and can you imagine the shit storm that would be going on in here right now?

Secondly, Stacey gets her arse booted for the obvious reasons and I've risked her career and her losing her job and the press are all over the signing and announce it before Villa can do shit about it..

Or the scenario is that the player does eventually sign and Stacey still gets her arse kicked and sacked anyway for spilling the info to me in the first place which led it to being posted on a worldwide forum for everyone and their neighbour to see!

I am pretty certain Stacey would prefer me to be a tease on a forum than a career ruining arsehole on a forum.

If there was nothing to this I wouldn't have any other reason to have started this thread to begin with.

Equally nobody knows what may or may not have been discussed with Mods on this or any other thread already and nor is it for me to discuss.

I wonder do the Aston Villa hierarchy tell Jimmy who works in the canteen what players we are bidding for as well.

One thing about this guy is strange, if he’s as good as he clearly thinks he is and available for only €25M, why is Leipzig the only CL qualified team considering him? 

Rashica might want the glamour of a CL run, but for week in week out quality of opposition the Prem’ is as good as it gets. On a professional level he shouldn’t need to think too hard about coming to us, if that’s indeed what motivates him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Awol said:

One thing about this guy is strange, if he’s as good as he clearly thinks he is and available for only €25M, why is Leipzig the only CL qualified team considering him? 

Rashica might want the glamour of a CL run, but for week in week out quality of opposition the Prem’ is as good as it gets. On a professional level he shouldn’t need to think too hard about coming to us, if that’s indeed what motivates him. 

This has been my thoughts too. It’s strange that is just us and Leipzig in the running. It isn’t because no one is looking at the bundesliga, because everyone is. 

I’m presuming other big teams are not willing to take a punt on him.... yet. 

maybe he’s not quite CL level he think he is.... yet 

• Like 1

We should have already moved on, if he wants to play hard to get f$*k him and move onto the next target. 

Ridiculous if we get held to random by a player that hasn't proven diddley squat so far.

He'll come here on a too much money and he'll be looking for his next move before his feet have touched the ground.

I know the transfer game ain't easy, but we should have signed somebody by now..... It's important they're here for preseason and not just waltzing through the door 5 minutes before the 1st match.

That's what happened with Luiz and it took him best part of 8 months to settle and feel comfortable amongst his teammates.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

We should have already moved on, if he wants to play hard to get f$*k him and move onto the next target. 

Ridiculous if we get held to random by a player that hasn't proven diddley squat so far.

He'll come here on a too much money and he'll be looking for his next move before his feet have touched the ground.

I know the transfer game ain't easy, but we should have signed somebody by now..... It's important they're here for preseason and not just waltzing through the door 5 minutes before the 1st match.

That's what happened with Luiz and it took him best part of 8 months to settle and feel comfortable amongst his teammates.

We have no clue about what is going on with a potential deal. He had already agreed a contract with rbl so for all we know he agreed to wait until a certain date before signing with another club so rbl could get their shit together and put forward an acceptable bid. It is looking more and more likely they won't do that and rashica doesn't seem to have any options other than us atm. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Spot on Oz. 

Thanks mate, I thought I was going on another lonely rant but I always try and say what I think honestly. 

I just can't believe we are still entertaining this transfer, it either should be done by now or we should have walked away.

Who is he to reject us, even if we aren't the top team we used to be. I'm sure he'll be paid more and be in a far wider seen shop window. 

If he's that good he gets his move in 18 months onwards and everyone wins.

4 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

1. We should have already moved on, if he wants to play hard to get f$*k him and move onto the next target. 

2. Ridiculous if we get held to random by a player that hadn't proven diddley squat so far.

3. He'll come here on a too much money and he'll be looking for his next move before his feet have touched the ground.

4. I know the transfer game ain't easy, but we should have signed somebody by now..... It's important they're here for preseason and not just waltzing through the door 5 minutes before the 1st match.

1. We really shouldn't have though. Players have been back in training with their clubs for only a week. If we have that attitude then we will attract no one.

2. I don't see anywhere that the club are being held to ransom on this. Players have welfares and their families along with their careers to consider in any move to any team.

3. I disagree about his wages. I don't agree with writing the player off before he has arrived unless genuine reason to do so, but there we go. What you do say will be no different to when Benteke arrived with us.

4. I don't see why we should have signed anyone significant by now? It would be ideal for pre season sure, but not the end of the world if it doesn't materialise that way.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I’m reading this like you think we are only going after 1 person at a time.

have you not seen how many people we are linked with? Basically all the £20m left wingers there is. 

Im seeing it as the first one to sign wins. 

this one has more information to talk about. That’s about it 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We have no clue about what is going on with a potential deal. He had already agreed a contract with rbl so for all we know he agreed to wait until a certain date before signing with another club so rbl could get their shit together and put forward an acceptable bid. It is looking more and more likely they won't do that and rashica doesn't seem to have any options other than us atm. 

I never claimed to be going on facts, I openly admit my opinion is based on what little we know so far. 

I have no problem with what you are suggesting, but if anything it backs my argument that we should be looking elsewhere already and not waiting on some maybe.

Aston Villa is no woman's backup date to the prom.