Craig Shakespeare - Assistant Head Coach

PieFacE

3 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Now announce a striker to top it off please. Great day! 😁

We aren't babies. We don't have to be spoonfed transfer news every day. The club are working. Players will be signed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I don't really understand the hate for JT that seems to have developed. It's like some of our fans think he's the only one responsible for how many goals we conceded last season. 

I agree. I'm chuffed to bits with this appointment but will also be equally happy if Terry stays. From the moment he signed and sung his "stand by me" he has been a true professional and I think him just being around here is a massive reason that is changing the culture of our dressing room. He is a born winner. The players must look up to him. I like that he's learning his trade here and the respect he shows our great club.

As for Shakespeare, can't see anything not to like with this one. Bags of experience, with success and what I didn't realise, a Villa fan to boot! 

Now let's get Jack on a new deal and get some quality signings in...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Everything s in place for our next manager then....

Welcome Nigel !!!

This was a very quick appointment out the Blue which nobody seen coming.

I hope Nigel Pearson is not next in the frame for the Villa Job, which he probably isn't!? But the appointment of the recruitment fella and now Shakespeare, who have both previously worked with Pearson in the past, does make you wonder.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

not gonna lie, i dont know a great amount about him, would someone be willing to give me a lowdown as to why this is such a good appointment?

Main thing is he was assistant to Ranieri (and Pearson before him) when Leicester won the title.  Considering how bad Ranieri generally is, Shakespeare must be a genius.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Everything s in place for our next manager then....

Welcome Nigel !!!

I think it's just coincidence the way things have fallen really. We probably did go after McKenzie. Shakespeare was available. They aren't Pearson's " men" though. Shakespeare worked with Ranieiri for a year. Worked at Everton. If Smith did get the sack if we start bad or whatever, id be shocked if we went for Pearson.

Im smelling something here - either Terry is leaving (highly likely) - or its a clear warning to DS that should we start to flounder next season - the coaching team can at least in the short term carry on without him. Too many chiefs IMO.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I hope Nigel Pearson is not next in the frame for the Villa Job, which he probably isn't!? But the appointment of the recruitment fella and now Shakespeare, who have both previously worked with Pearson in the past, does make you wonder.

Another way of looking at it is they were both part of the team that has had the most unlikely PL win ever. 

• Like 1

Had no idea he supported Villa as well

Best game you've been to?

“Probably when Aston Villa won the League Cup in a replay against Everton in 1977. It was a great occasion in the first game at Wembley and then in the replay at Hillsborough. It was a high-quality game and I knew some of the Villa players, like Gordon Cowans. He was excellent.”

Best game involving the team you support?

“Yes, I'm a Villa fan! The best game was actually a game they lost but they ended up winning the league. It was at Highbury against Arsenal [in May 1981]. Villa lost the game 2-0 but Ipswich didn't get the result they needed so Villa won the league. I slept in my brother-in-law's car that night!”

https://www.watfordfc.com/magazine/features/my-best-craig-shakespeare

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Â