Craig Shakespeare - Assistant Head Coach

PieFacE

I said in the Dean Smith thread that he should bring someone additional with Premier league experience to the backroom staff.

Im surprised but very delighted because I know that Craig Shakespeare knows how to drill and organise a group of players.

• Like 3

Granted it'll all be judged on on-field results, but at face value there's been some great appointments made in terms of backroom staff.

Can't really go wrong with this one, he's a well-regarded assistant at Premier League level and is apparently a Villa fan to boot.

• Like 2

I think this is the management structure we are looking at. It might seem like quite a few people are in the "same job" but the reality is the more people you have the more detailed and specific you can be in the work you do. 

Clearly DS wants more experience to consult with. Seems like a smart move and I'm all for it. 

Welcome william shakespeare GIF by will herring!!!

I'm quite pleased with how the club is setting itself up. Shakespeare is a good, experienced addition to Smith, O'Kelly and JT. Lange and Mackenzie in for the recruitment side of things, it's starting to look like as if we have an actual plan and idea to take this club forwards. 

• Like 2

Excellent appointment.

If Deano wanted this, them it shows he's more comfortable at the helm, and making very good and clear decisions. Some might see an ex-manager as a threat, but the reality is - other than Cutler - the coaching staff are all seem to be operating at their ability limit (although they are clearly improving) so it's great to see an appointment like this.

Local lad, too.

Â