Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I thought the whole " doesn't celebrate when others score now " thing was bollox, but i've now seen more and more people saying they've noticed this, both on here and across social media.

When we score, I'm not usually taking note of these things as i'm mostly caught up in elation.

Seems there might be something to this?

I don't think he is unhappy when we score, I just think he is a striker. JJ's second goal, Ollie was clear and would have had a tap in - of course we are all elated that JJ scored, but for Ollie in that moment he is probably thinking "I'm in the right position and I could have got my goal." He just wants a goal, his job is to score goals and his tally this season is very poor, I can't imagine it is doing much for his confidence. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

I don't think he is unhappy when we score, I just think he is a striker. JJ's second goal, Ollie was clear and would have had a tap in - of course we are all elated that JJ scored, but for Ollie in that moment he is probably thinking "I'm in the right position and I could have got my goal." He just wants a goal, his job is to score goals and his tally this season is very poor, I can't imagine it is doing much for his confidence. 

but that’s very weak by him then that he only cares about when he scores.  Yes be disappointed when you don’t score but celebrate when your team mates score otherwise just you just creating a divide between you and the other players.  I’m intrigued to know if any other strikers don’t celebrate regularly their team mates scoring.  If he scores should the other players ignore him and run back to the centre circle ready for kick off and let him celebrate on his own? Of course not.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

but that’s very weak by him then that he only cares about when he scores.  Yes be disappointed when you don’t score but celebrate when your team mates score otherwise just you just creating a divide between you and the other players.  I’m intrigued to know if any other strikers don’t celebrate regularly their team mates scoring.  If he scores should the other players ignore him and run back to the centre circle ready for kick off and let him celebrate on his own? Of course not.

Nail. Head.

I find it bizarre and downright cu*tish that he doesn’t celebrate other players scoring when they’re happy to do so when he nets. 

He’s an odd one is Ollie. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s an odd one is Ollie

He can go be odd somewhere else..

Play for the shirt and look like your making an effort and not have a sour puss expression on  your face 24/7 on the pitch

He has been like a child that threw his toys out of the pram since ings joined...

I would hope we could sell him and soon.

Que the watkins lovers...over to you ladies

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

He did go over to them, I think Ollie himself would say he’s not been up to scratch this season but I really doubt he has an issue with us scoring or winning or anything else of that ilk. As I previously said to me it just looked like in that moment he probably thought “ffs I could’ve had one there” - what I would hope is that reflecting on it, he’ll be glad at least that his positioning was great and if he keeps getting into the right position his goals will eventually come

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I honestly suspect it’s got something to do with his fairly recent fatherhood. He’s not been right since the Child has been born 

At Villa, the GM should ask players if they're going to have babies any time soon. And if so, trade them away and definitely not sign any new players of that type! 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Thats lame isnt it 

Possibly so, just an observation regarding the timing, Probably no relation at all

Spoiler

Or is there ?

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

Since the interview a few weeks ago he did on YouTube emphasising on how he was a huge arsenal fan, I'm convinced he doesn't want to be here.

Loved him up to this season. It was his work rate that had me from minute one. At times in past season his finishing wasn't perfect but that would come in time. He still looks very raw to me and hasn't looked overly happy.

Pretty sure he ran straight down the tunnel on Weds night when full time blew while all the players shook hands at the end of the game. Maybe just needed the toilet, but his form is a concern. Last seasons form made me think we’ve got this position sorted for a few years now but he’s definitely way off it this year. Be interesting to see if he gets the nod today.

4 hours ago, Richie k said:

Im not 1 for gossip but did he split with the mother of the child recently too?

Did he? His baby that's about six months old?

That would cause a bit of bad form I'm willing to bet.

On 10/02/2022 at 10:44, Delphinho123 said:

I wouldn't mind being paid 70k a week and told to go on holiday to clear my head from time to time..

What he needs to do is up his game. He's not improved at all from last season and he's a miserable bastard. 

Maybe he’s suffering some sort of depression or mental health issues? The club will be on top of it I’m sure but footballers are very driven individuals and can easily hide these issues.

I hope it’s just growing pains and not any mental health problems etc.

The barcodes next usually gets his goal against them.

Â