Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

He is on a bad run of form no doubt, but he is getting into goal scoring areas and getting chances, which is something… it would be more concerning if he wasn’t even getting shots - Probs there just shit… He needs to find his confidence & rhythm again and get a run of goals. 

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He is on a bad run of form no doubt, but he is getting into goal scoring areas and getting chances, which is something… it would be more concerning if he wasn’t even getting shots - Probs there just shit… He needs to find his confidence & rhythm again and get a run of goals. 

Think you are watching a different game to most of us!  He’s not doing any of that!

Did he even have a registered shot tonight?

Edited by nick76
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Think you are watching a different game to most of us!  He’s not doing any of that!

Did he even have a registered shot tonight?

I meant overall not based on tonight as I haven’t seen any of the game.

He's never been a great finisher, but he always, always bust a gut for every ball, closed people down, showed for a pass and held up the ball really well. He hasn't done anything near that this year. He doesn't run, he jogs. 

He needs to cone out of the starting 11 but i think that will make him sulk more

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

He's never been a great finisher, but he always, always bust a gut for every ball, closed people down, showed for a pass and held up the ball really well. He hasn't done anything near that this year. He doesn't run, he jogs. 

He needs to cone out of the starting 11 but i think that will make him sulk more

Bang on here. He is just not trying hard enough, an Gerrard should be noticing this. There has been zero change over the break, which is worrying. I'm not sure how many chances he has left to prove he still has it.

• Like 1

I’d rather have a striker that gets into goal scoring opportunities and puts them away instead of one that is renowned for his pressing ability.

Would much rather have Ings on the pitch at the moment, to make the clever runs for our CAM’s to pick out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Bang on here. He is just not trying hard enough, an Gerrard should be noticing this. There has been zero change over the break, which is worrying. I'm not sure how many chances he has left to prove he still has it.

He is running out of chances with fans also. Can always put up with a player who lacks ability but gives his all. Ollie doing the opposite 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I meant overall not based on tonight as I haven’t seen any of the game.

Sorry mate but posting that just after he played a game like that which you haven’t seen when posters are slaughtering him probably wasn’t reading the room based on the game.  

Plus I don’t agree with your assessment re based on overall

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Curveball - Play Bertie up front. Although his suicidal cross field pass across our box will be non existent. 

Might not be that much of a curveball. According to Transfermarkt, when played at CF, he's scored 38 goals in 72 games. WTF? :D

I'd certainly rather watch him than Watkins.

11 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

dont give a flying f*** if he sulks.

He's playing really.....really....really sh**.

100% needs to be dropped.

15 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Tough!

I’d rather him sulk than me pissed off game after game with him.  I think I’m more pissed off with him because I have seen what he can do last season and now I get a second rate version this season.

Edited by nick76

Wasn't great, but still played better than Ings has ever played for us. Don't mind giving Ingsy a go, but I don't think it would be long before people are calling for Watkins to come back into the team. It's like Janet Jackson once said.

Edited by useless
Don't it always seem to go That you don't know what you got 'til it's gone

Â