Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

He was absolutely brilliant last night and Youri should have played him in for what would have been a relatively simple finish from 15 yards.

That said, was noone else really **** off that he didn't take his chipped shot against the post (that mcginn finished) AROUND the keeper?

The keeper was 15 yards off his line and Ollie should have just had a touch and finish.

Very critical I know, but that's the kind of thing that gets you 20 goals 😎

51 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

He was absolutely brilliant last night and Youri should have played him in for what would have been a relatively simple finish from 15 yards.

That said, was noone else really **** off that he didn't take his chipped shot against the post (that mcginn finished) AROUND the keeper?

The keeper was 15 yards off his line and Ollie should have just had a touch and finish.

Very critical I know, but that's the kind of thing that gets you 20 goals 😎

Yeah I was screaming at the time, go round him. That or follow your own shot in. 

He is the best English striker currently in the Premier League but will inevitably get overlooked for England and the Euros because Toney is no longer banned for betting on his own team. 

12 hours ago, Spoony said:

Sometimes he’s as good as Hogan. Other times he’s as good as Messi. The enigma. 

Still find it incredible that there was so little scouting talent at villa that there was no one to step in and stop Bruce from spending what he did on Scott hogan.

• Sad 1

When the rest of the team play at 100% he plays at 110%. When the team play at 60% he plays at 30%. Thrives on the the team playing with confindence, not really al player who can grab a game and win it himself always a team player, which is ofcourse not too much a negative.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

One thing that is rarely commented on is how two footed he is. He seems to take similar amounts of chances with his left and right. 

He does have quite a record of scoring right foot, left foot, header. His last season at Brentford was 11 right foot, 8 headers and 7 left foot.

And of course the hat trick v Liverpool was the 'perfect hat trick' of right foot , left foot ,header. I'm not sure what the stats are this season.

Yesterday, as well as the goal and 3 assists (including for McGinn's)  there was also his  headed clearance off Villa's goal  line......!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

Still find it incredible that there was so little scouting talent at villa that there was no one to step in and stop Bruce from spending what he did on Scott hogan.

Bruce that January: "Who are the players in the league with the best form right now?". The answer was Hourihane, Lansbury and Hogan. We went 1 for 3 there.

• Like 4

He has done what every doubter wanted to see from him consistency and bigger numbers.

He had a little rough patch but now that looks like it didn't phase him one little bit.

Ollie Watkins is the striker we need. He's been the man the whole time but just like the team, the best wasn't being got out of him.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

So glad I've never doubted him.

Was always obvious to me he was a top striker even during his difficult spell

Likewise. I've never ever had doubts about Watkins after his first season. My type of striker. 

Â