Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Just now, DCJonah said:

Stats are great but I don't think he's good enough for a champs league team. 

Games like today we need him to take one of those chances. 

The first half one was tough with Onana flying out at him.

He should've buried the one start of second though, gets half a yard on the CB, favoured foot and pretty central and he just fires it right into Onana's body, that isn't good enough.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The first half one was tough with Onana flying out at him.

He should've buried the one start of second though, gets half a yard on the CB, favoured foot and pretty central and he just fires it right into Onana's body, that isn't good enough.

He has to get to the ball quicker for the first one, block off the defender, he waited for it to come to him and by then Onana had closed the angle.

Second one I don't think he did too much wrong, he got a solid contact on a pacey cross.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

OT but if that keeps Henderson or phillips off the pitch then I'm all for it 

Never gonna happen 🤣 Southgate beats himself to sleep watching re runs of Hendo 1st game in Holland...

13 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

That's enough to justify him not going on the plane for old cocknose.

I would like to think so because he has played well for over a year...but...southgate being southgate will pick his mates and the fact Toney has come back and hit the ground running already will probably mean he might miss out.

5 hours ago, Bazmonkey said:

I would like to think so because he has played well for over a year...but...southgate being southgate will pick his mates and the fact Toney has come back and hit the ground running already will probably mean he might miss out.

But but there is no Bias when i pick my players he says.... 🛎️🔚  He had to say that when he picked Watkins last outing, but when pushed on Henderson and co its they always perform for England. 

Watkins is not going on that plane - Toney will get the nod, he has £1000 on it 

Shockingly I'm actually going to defend Ollie as his linkup IMO has come on leaps and bounds and he's having deft effective touches that I've never seen him do before.

Yesterday, the second chance I find it difficult to criticise him for. He got a good contact on what was a drilled powerful cross, while under pressure. Few inches either side of Onana and it's in.

The first chance I think he should have done better with though, he should have been more aggressive, blocked off the defender (Dalot I think?) and got to the ball before Onana had chance to close the angle so much.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

22 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Shockingly I'm actually going to defend Ollie as his linkup IMO has come on leaps and bounds and he's having deft effective touches that I've never seen him do before.

Yesterday, the second chance I find it difficult to criticise him for. He got a good contact on what was a drilled powerful cross, while under pressure. Few inches either side of Onana and it's in.

The first chance I think he should have done better with though, he should have been more aggressive, blocked off the defender (Dalot I think?) and got to the ball before Onana had chance to close the angle so much.

my feeling as well. it looked an easy chance but hes arriving late, the defender is favourite and its a reaction shot. Makes great contact, keeper just in the perfect place. Just not our day, thought Ollie was great in better the boxes, just not good enough in side them. Can probably say the same for the entire team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Cannot believe the stick this guy gets on here and other social media. Baffling

It's more out of frustration than anything though I believe.  There's many examples of Ollie being in a one on one and hitting the keeper.  Yes fair play to the keeper for being in the right place but it is going to cost us.

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I am discombobulated Tom! 😄

Fair play 👊🏽

• Haha 1

Â