Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

11 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It is a weird weird season. 

I’m waiting for there to be a weird season where one of the big boys is in a genuine relegation scrap. Like a Leicester season but the opposite. I’m sure there would be a few dodgy decisions to help them out.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I’m waiting for there to be a weird season where one of the big boys is in a genuine relegation scrap. Like a Leicester season but the opposite. I’m sure there would be a few dodgy decisions to help them out.

Chelsea in 15/16 was probably the nearest in recent times, pretty sure they were just above the bottom 3 going into xmas games but then had average run of form second half of season and finished 10th I think.

Liverpool were also terrible under Hodgson in 10/11 and were in bottom 3 for a couple of weeks before winning a few games.

As we saw between 2011-15 it's actually pretty hard to be relegated even if you're a poor team as we were and the top sides always have an attacking player or two who can pull you out of the s*** at key times as Benteke did for us.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Maupay unlucky today :( 

Brighton fans are absolutely pissed at him at the moment, first few tweets include the words fraud, disgrace and embarrassing today

breaks your heart

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Chelsea in 15/16 was probably the nearest in recent times, pretty sure they were just above the bottom 3 going into xmas games but then had average run of form second half of season and finished 10th I think.

Liverpool were also terrible under Hodgson in 10/11 and were in bottom 3 for a couple of weeks before winning a few games.

As we saw between 2011-15 it's actually pretty hard to be relegated even if you're a poor team as we were and the top sides always have an attacking player or two who can pull you out of the s*** at key times as Benteke did for us.

Forgot how bad Chelsea were that season which night be a symptom of me trying to erase the whole of 15/16 from my mind.

Came 10th and still signed the champions star player in the summer. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I am not buying that number becausr its inflated because Liverpool and United game was on PPV

Individual breakdowns should be given 

They said that 3 games were under 10,000 viewers and 2 games were between 70-90,000 viewers.

The rest were between 10,000 and 70,000.

It should be pretty easy to work out which the top 2 games were and which the bottom 3 games were.

I don’t think Liverpool had any games on PPV? All their games on normal Sky/BT.

Edited by ender4

10 minutes ago, ender4 said:

They said that 3 games were under 10,000 viewers and 2 games were between 70-90,000 viewers.

The rest were between 10,000 and 70,000.

It should be pretty easy to work out which the top 2 games were and which the bottom 3 games were.

I don’t think Liverpool had any games on PPV? All their games on normal Sky/BT.

According to 1st article i found online the Newcastle Chronicle. Newcastle vs United got 40, 000 viewers, Villa vs Leicester around 20, 000, Liverpool vs Sheffield United 110, 000 and Arsenal vs Leicester 140, 000. 1.7 million watched United vs Chelsea on regular Sky

They only had results from Sky so not BT

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

According to 1st article i found online the Newcastle Chronicle. Newcastle vs United got 40, 000 viewers, Villa vs Leicester around 20, 000, Liverpool vs Sheffield United 110, 000 and Arsenal vs Leicester 140, 000. 1.7 million watched United vs Chelsea on regular Sky

So at £5.00 a game would Leicester Villa got more than 80,000 pay up?

19 hours ago, Zatman said:

Liverpool vs Sheffield United 110, 000 and Arsenal vs Leicester 140, 000. 1.7 million watched United vs Chelsea on regular Sky

If that many people are going to pay to watch Liverpool and Arsenal etc they might shut fans out permantaly and only have PPV ?!

On 27/10/2020 at 23:30, mykeyb said:

So at £5.00 a game would Leicester Villa got more than 80,000 pay up?

I would say so.

If it was a fiver then you wouldn't see half the amount of complaints. £15 is price gouging. £5 is slightly more palatable.

Â