Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

1 hour ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I would say so.

If it was a fiver then you wouldn't see half the amount of complaints. £15 is price gouging. £5 is slightly more palatable.

Sky Sports do a day pass for £9.99 I think. If it’s a Sunday and there’s 2 or 3 games on (plus the other channels) then it’s reasonable value.

£15 for 1 game is a massive rip off.

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

Sky Sports do a day pass for £9.99 I think. If it’s a Sunday and there’s 2 or 3 games on (plus the other channels) then it’s reasonable value.

That’s right, £9.99 for 24 hours access to Sky Sports, not so bad if you want to watch a few other games. They did used to have a week pass for £15, I used to get them when Villa were on twice in a week. That’s way better value than £15 for 90 mins, but still felt a lot for just a couple of games. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I still find it odd that, for the obscene amount you pay, in the UK you don't have 3pm kick offs. 

£3 a month gets you at least 6 PL games a weekend here in Bulgaria.

14 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I still find it odd that, for the obscene amount you pay, in the UK you don't have 3pm kick offs. 

The excuse here is that it’s to protect attendances. I don’t think it holds much water now we have about 97 different kick off times per week.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Sky charge £9 a month for every PL game in Germany, all 380 of them are available 

I think between that and dazn you can watch all PL, CL, EL and then a lot of bundesliga, la liga, serie a, ligue a, internationals for around £20 via their apps

Just now, Genie said:

The excuse here is that it’s to protect attendances. I don’t think it holds much water now we have about 97 different kick off times per week.

That's one of my pet peeves from this ppv, they're moving KO times to try and maximise their audience, why can arsenal vs villa be on at the same time as another game? They're deluded if they think putting 2 ppv games on at the same time will impact the purchases 

It will impact their foreign audience figures though 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Sky charge £9 a month for every PL game in Germany, all 380 of them are available 

I think between that and dazn you can watch all PL, CL, EL and then a lot of bundesliga, la liga, serie a, ligue a, internationals for around £20 via their apps

Weirdly the championship is on free to air channels here. The £3 also gets you French and Spanish leagues. The Bundesliga is shown on Eurosport. Anyway, point being...Sky are a grizzly ballsack.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Weirdly the championship is on free to air channels here. The £3 also gets you French and Spanish leagues. The Bundesliga is shown on Eurosport. Anyway, point being...Sky are a grizzly ballsack.

How much is a pint

2 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Some people get every channel under the sun for £45 a year I heard once. Not sure how true that is...

Just now, Genie said:

Some people get every channel under the sun for £45 a year I heard once. Not sure how true that is...

I'm very dubious of those. They can disappear anytime and often they collect the money and bugger off anyway. 

I can get IPTV here for €200 a year...sometimes I think I'll go for it, sometimes I think do I really need Homes Under the Hammer when there's far better wank material for free elsewhere.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

The only problem with IPTV sometimes it’s a lag that you get which can be annoying 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I'm very dubious of those. They can disappear anytime and often they collect the money and bugger off anyway. 

I can get IPTV here for €200 a year...sometimes I think I'll go for it, sometimes I think do I really need Homes Under the Hammer when there's far better wank material for free elsewhere.

True, but if it’s cheap enough then you only need it for a month or so to break even (at £45 a year). 
€200 is far too much to risk on that sort of thing. 

Edited by Genie

13 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Where are you?

Dickhead Klopp is out moaning about the 5 subs rule as fixture congestion causing injuries. No complaints from him about Liverpool wanting to join a breakaway league or that there is too many Champions League games. 

Prick

• Like 1

Â