Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

If Arsenal beat United today, and they've been the better side, I think we're going to start to see an avalanche of dodgy decisions going their way as the league frantically tries to get one of its major TV draws back to the right end of the table.

10 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I really like Wilder and Sheff Utd as a club. Think they’ve been brilliant for 3/4 years now, and ive respected how hard an opposition they were for us in the last few years. But their fanbase last year had a distasteful inferiority complex towards us and were very jubilant in seeing us struggle so for that reason I hope they get crushed into relegation this season and they can go and continue their small time journey in the lower leagues.

I liked Wilder up to this season. He seems to have a real victim mentality now. 

• Like 1

Someone posted on the Facebook Premier LEague group the other day that Maupay would be out of the Brighton team for a while, as he has apparently had a very serious bust up with manager and players.

Apparently they hate him ( Wonder if this is why Deano has never really wanted him ) .

Good player but i'll admit he does give off prick vibes.

I thought the post was bollox, but he isn't in their sqaud today, with no explanation.

Shite for me as he is in my FPL ffs

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

To be fair to him he is working with a very limited bunch of players.

Matt Ryan,Tariq Lamptey Webster, Ben White, Dunk, Bissouma, Trossard and your boy Maupay is solid core of regular starters. Many of them internationals or linked to bigger clubs like Ben White and Dunk have been in last year.

What Brighton lack is that go to match winner like we have with Grealish or Palace with Zaha.

Seems like all is not rosy at Brighton

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/11/02/brighton-striker-neal-maupay-dropped-against-tottenham-due-attitude/

Brighton striker Neal Maupay dropped against Tottenham due to attitude problems

There are fears within Graham Potter's squad that Maupay has got carried away with his own success

Neal Maupay was dropped from the Brighton squad in an attempt to bring the club’s striker back down to earth.

Brighton manager Graham Potter surprisingly left Brighton out of his matchday squad for the defeat to Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday, even though it meant he did not field an out-and-out striker.

Potter dodged questions over Maupay’s absence, claiming it was for ‘tactical reasons’ without going into any detail.

But it was understood that the move was to remind Maupay that no one player is more important than the team.

There were fears within the Brighton squad that Maupay was becoming carried away with his own success, having scored 10 goals last season and already netted four times this term.

The Frenchman is known to be a strong character and there have been unconfirmed suggestions that he had fallen out with at least one team-mate in training.

Rather than let the situation fester, it appears Potter decided to try to nip it in the bud before it threatened to get out of hand.

He will no doubt now hope that Maupay responds well to being dropped and puts himself back in contention for Brighton’s next game against Burnley on Friday night.

The Burnley game looks to be an important one for Potter’s side, who, despite playing well at Tottenham, have lost three of their last five Premier League games without winning.

Brighton have five points, four more than Burnley, who are yet to win in the League this season.

Tariq Lamptey has been the standout performer for Brighton this season, with reports emerging from Spain that Atletico Madrid have taken an interest in the right wing-back.

Bayern Munich have also been linked with a move for Lamptey who moved to Brighton from Chelsea in January for a bargain £3million price.

With all the talk this summer of the importance of signing the right characters, it looks like we might have really dodged a bullet with Maupay based on this.

I like that Maupay thinks he has the attitude that he has made it. Proves he really is a clearing in the woods

Smith worked with him before, he went out of his way for Watkins but not this little rat

1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/11/02/brighton-striker-neal-maupay-dropped-against-tottenham-due-attitude/

With all the talk this summer of the importance of signing the right characters, it looks like we might have really dodged a bullet with Maupay based on this.

What's your opinion on this @villalad21, you were adamant he would've been a brilliant signing for us.

With him in this squad, I honestly don't think we would be so closely knit as we appear to be.

2 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

What's your opinion on this @villalad21, you were adamant he would've been a brilliant signing for us.

With him in this squad, I honestly don't think we would be so closely knit as we appear to be.

As i don't know what's been going on behind the scenes it's impossible for me to comment on these rumours.

All i can say is he is a fine PL level striker that would be a much better fit for us than Wesley last season.

On 03/11/2020 at 14:51, YouUnastanFren said:

This has been confirmed as because he's started a fight on the training ground, possibly with the manager.

He's an utter knob.

44 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This has been confirmed as because he's started a fight on the training ground, possibly with the manager.

He's an utter knob.

I read it was with Matt Ryan and both were dropped for the last game

• Like 1

Â