Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

3 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Commentators keep telling us that Wolves are obviously trying to change the way they play this season. It can't just be me that doesn't see this, however much they insist it's the case.

Can’t say I’ve watched much of them to be honest but the sheer arrogance from the majority of their fan base makes me entirely happy their finding they’re place again. 

Edited by SuperTed
Spelling mistake

6 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Commentators keep telling us that Wolves are obviously trying to change the way they play this season. It can't just be me that doesn't see this, however much they insist it's the case.

I can see that they've dropped the previous shape and style, it's identifying the new one that I'm struggling with 

Got nothing about them in this game 

Just now, villa4europe said:

I can see that they've dropped the previous shape and style, it's identifying the new one that I'm struggling with 

Got nothing about them in this game 

Still sitting back and going long to counter, but not bothering with the quality nowadays just hitting it and hoping. They have this weird habit of doing nothing in the first half of games either - I guess it's more enjoyable than us last year doing the opposite when we'd do alright first half then collapse!

6 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Can’t say I’ve watched much of them to be honest but the sheer arrogance from the majority of their fan base makes me entirely happy their finding they’re place again. 

I don't know a single Wolves fan so it doesn't really impact me. We've got one or two decent ones that post on here tbf.

I see it on social media, but everyone has a bit of it there. I did once check out their forum and it was a bit of a circle jerk with an inferiority complex.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I genuinely don't think I've ever seen him do anything but whinge.

He spent about two weeks whining after our game about their red card and their penalty, even though essentially nobody else in English football thought either decision was wrong, and I honestly lost a fair bit of respect for him. All managers complain after the game sometimes - you've got to find something to say after all - but to still be going on about it after the *next* match suggests either a persecution complex or a deep-seated fear that he hasn't got what it takes to put it right.

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He spent about two weeks whining after our game about their red card and their penalty, even though essentially nobody else in English football thought either decision was wrong, and I honestly lost a fair bit of respect for him. All managers complain after the game sometimes - you've got to find something to say after all - but to still be going on about it after the *next* match suggests either a persecution complex or a deep-seated fear that he hasn't got what it takes to put it right.

TBF David Luiz did exactly to one of their forwards what Egan did to Ollie and from similar distance from goal so I can understand why he was annoyed nothing happened given it was right at start of the game and Sheffield only lost 2-1 to Arsenal in the end.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

TBF David Luiz did exactly to one of their forwards what Egan did to Ollie and from similar distance from goal so I can understand why he was annoyed nothing happened given it was right at start of the game and Sheffield only lost 2-1 to Arsenal in the end.

Agreed, but the problem was the decision in that game, not that their guy shouldn't have been sent off in ours.

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Agreed, but the problem was the decision in that game, not that their guy shouldn't have been sent off in ours.

I actually did remark I think after that happened that Wilder was a bit of a hypocrite as he was adamant after our game it was just 50/50 and Egan should've stayed on.

• Like 1

BeIn Sports have raised a good point about the Saiss disallowed goal. Podence was deemed to be offside by VAR, but the flag wasn't raised and he was able to put the cross in. The Leeds defender headed the cross away, thus starting a new phase of play. The fact it was a shit header straight to Saiss is neither here nor there.

That was the justification for the Chelsea equaliser against the Boggies, as Havertz handballed in the box, but the ref missed it. The defender kicked the ball away starting a new phase, irrespective of him kicking it straight to Southgate's son. He then put the ball back in for Tammy to net.

So inconsistent.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Five games in and three teams on just a single point (even with Burnley's game in hand) already, Baggies just on two points. Think they will be even further adrift come December time.

I had a quick look on their forum last night and one of them actually posted that he was encouraged by our result as it was between two poor sides...........2nd and 4th. I watched their game against Burnley and if I was them I would be preparing for relegation already.

10 hours ago, The_Steve said:

I've never seen two sides so content or even happy with a goaless draw. Both sides deserve to be going down. Burnley is long overdue.

Reminds me of the time when McCleish fist pumped in celebration after earning us a goalless draw at home to Stoke.

• Haha 1

Â