Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

1 minute ago, YLN said:

Here's an idea. Yeah £15 is expensive, but if you got 15 mates/neighbours around, it's only a pound each.

Great little joint initiative brought to you by Covid-19 Herd Immunity Interest Group and Cull the Elderly UK

I wouldn't get 5 mins in before my neighbours had snitched on me!

43 minutes ago, avfc456 said:

And they wonder why people get IPTV!

Exactly. But sky have been doing the utmost to block this. If thw prices were reasonable people wouldnt go for services like iptv.

For me this is a joke. £15a game is ridiculously expensive.  If they did something like £15-£20 for the month then that represents better value for money.

Hopefully hardly anyone pays it to stick a big middle finger up to this greed

There are 15 games on sky in October, the month pass is £34 so £2.27 per game for a normal televised game

So they're suggesting that the difference in revenue between a televised game and none televised game is £12.68 per viewer? 

Absolutely not a **** chance 

£7.50 is what I would charge.  £10 max

ultimately you need volume to make it worthwhile. I don’t think the current pricing structure is going to People are going through a hard time right now and I think 15 per game is just asking waaaaaaaay too much. 

someone mentioned on another thread about a TV season ticket. Think that should be explored similar to the half season tickets they do and broadcast it through AVTV in our case and clubs own tv channel. 

Hopefully by next season things will be back to normal.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

People pay way more to watch shitty boxers fight each other... Sometimes just for one round. 

Boxers don't have billions of pounds worth of revenue from other sources and spunk it up the wall whilst pleasing poverty... 

32 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The pricing scheme shows how out of touch they are given the dire economic situation many are in. The bloated PL model is sitting on over £1bn in reserve cash. The PPV pricing is ridiculous and won’t work. 

Yes its really unfair. Need some boring 0-0s in the tv games so the product isnt so popular. Cant pay both sky subscription and ppv. Govt needs to do something about this. 

I must be missing something here: 

Its 15 quid to watch a game that you could only normally watch (legally) by paying 30-40quid for (i.e. by going to the game). So its not like anyone is going to more out of pocket than they normally would be for watching it.

And Sky BT and the likes all pay god knows how much for rights to package of games they get.  They ain't gonna do that if fans can then watch any game they want for a fiver a pop.

I doubt the clubs see this as a revenue builder anyway. Its more a case of fighting back against the government who wont let them have fans in yet at same time expect them to show all their games for free.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Netflix style service for a max £20 for me, that's the future right in front of their face and they went with this greedy idea instead 

Wouldn't pay a single charge for a Villa game 

I'd happily pay for some kind of digital season ticket, but £15 a game is atrocious value for money. I fear they'll use this as proof that there isn't demand if it fails, rather than questioning their pricing.

Admittedly more than one person can watch, but if you'd be watching alone like I would, this is more expensive per game than some adult Villa season tickets.

I'll be pirating it.

6 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Its 15 quid to watch a game that you could only normally watch (legally) by paying 30-40quid for (i.e. by going to the game). So its not like anyone is going to more out of pocket than they normally would be for watching it.

And Sky BT and the likes all pay god knows how much for rights to package of games they get.  They ain't gonna do that if fans can then watch any game they want for a fiver a pop.

I doubt the clubs see this as a revenue builder anyway. Its more a case of fighting back against the government who wont let them have fans in yet at same time expect them to show all their games for free.

I dread to think how much you'd pay for holiday footage ;) 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, villanmac said:

Would you pay full price for a live stream of a gig then?

Â