Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

They are so out of touch it is insane. You can get a Now TV day pass for a fiver and potentially 3 games and any other sport that day etc for that and they want to charge £15 for one game?

Look at DAZN, BeIN & Peacock etc and you’re getting a months worth of every game for that price. Think I’ll be sticking to the “alternatives”.

Edited by penguin

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'd happily pay for some kind of digital season ticket, but £15 a game is atrocious value for money. I fear they'll use this as proof that there isn't demand if it fails, rather than questioning their pricing.

Admittedly more than one person can watch, but if you'd be watching alone like I would, this is more expensive per game than some adult Villa season tickets.

I'll be pirating it.

I’m not bragging, more pointing out how crazy your prices are. Last year I paid $60 for a digital season ticket. This year it is $50 for the year on Peacock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Would you pay full price for a live stream of a gig then?

No, and i ain't paying £15 quid for a premier league game either but its an opportunity to watch a game you wouldn't normally have access to, no-ones losing out. PPV sport has always took the piss but n context of Sky paying 3 billion for 128 games I can see why this one is the way it is. 

10 hours ago, villanmac said:

I must be missing something here: 

Its 15 quid to watch a game that you could only normally watch (legally) by paying 30-40quid for (i.e. by going to the game). So its not like anyone is going to more out of pocket than they normally would be for watching it.

And Sky BT and the likes all pay god knows how much for rights to package of games they get.  They ain't gonna do that if fans can then watch any game they want for a fiver a pop.

I doubt the clubs see this as a revenue builder anyway. Its more a case of fighting back against the government who wont let them have fans in yet at same time expect them to show all their games for free.

By paying 30-40 quid though, you get the atmosphere and experience. It's, obviously, a completely different thing. It's the morality of charging a struggling economy an excessive amount of money for one game, when you can buy passes etc for a third of the price. 

You don't think sky and BT make an obscene amount of money from their TV rights? Of course they do, to then make us pay £15 if we want to watch the team we love for 1 game is obscene. 

Like others have said to watch villa for the next 3 games, it'll cost you £45 on top of any other subscription. To watch Everton's next 3 games, it'll cost you nothing on top of your subscription. It's exploitation. 

If you see nothing wrong, then I really struggle. I hope NO ONE pays £15 for a single game of football on the telly. NO ONE. and that idea is binned forever. Money grabbing bastards.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

By paying 30-40 quid though, you get the atmosphere and experience. It's, obviously, a completely different thing. It's the morality of charging a struggling economy an excessive amount of money for one game, when you can buy passes etc for a third of the price. 

You don't think sky and BT make an obscene amount of money from their TV rights? Of course they do, to then make us pay £15 if we want to watch the team we love for 1 game is obscene. 

Like others have said to watch villa for the next 3 games, it'll cost you £45 on top of any other subscription. To watch Everton's next 3 games, it'll cost you nothing on top of your subscription. It's exploitation. 

If you see nothing wrong, then I really struggle. I hope NO ONE pays £15 for a single game of football on the telly. NO ONE. and that idea is binned forever. Money grabbing bastards.

Quite right, they are taking advantage of the current situation. They are like these profiteers in the war. 

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Villas next 3 games are all £15 PPV so £45

Evertons next 3 games are the selected live games on sky so are included within the subscription 

Lauren Hashian Wtf GIF by swerk

Get the **** out of it

How much of that PPV costs is going towards studio time, graphic designers, pundits etc. The clubs aren’t going to be getting 100% of the revenue. It’s not going to cost Sky or BT anything extra. For what was exactly free last season. This is a monumental level of idiocy that will enrich the vast monopoly on Premier League competition. 

People should be paid for their labour. This is a scheme to enrich Sky and BT. Nothing more. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

The NHL plays 82 regulation season games, and, if you want a single team pass, it’s $115 streaming price with no fixed contract, even before the playoffs are taken into consideration. That’s a lot of hockey and roughly around $1.50 per game (assuming you watch all regular season matches). The all access pass is $144. There are some limitations applied. But you’re not forking out for a Sky or BT package on top of everything. If you wanted to watch one month of Premier League football, it would cost £238 for every game. Of course, not all fans would, but it’s scandalous in every way. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

The NHL plays 82 regulation season games, and, if you want a single team pass, it’s $115 streaming price with no fixed contract, even before the playoffs are taken into consideration. That’s a lot of hockey and roughly around $1.50 per game (assuming you watch all regular season matches). The all access pass is $144. There are some limitations applied. But you’re not forking out for a Sky or BT package on top of everything. If you wanted to watch one month of Premier League football, it would cost £238 for every game. Of course, not all fans would, but it’s scandalous in every way. 

Similar story with the NFL and NBA as well. NFL game pass is £144 for a season, where you can watch every game live (around 250 games), plus highlights, features, documentaries etc. It works out at around 60p a game assuming you watch every game. If you only watch one team for the 16 regular season games it would be £9 a game.

I think a PL over-the-top subscription model is probably where broadcasting is moving towards. But if they were to charge £15 a game for a model like this, a season pass to watch all 38 games would cost £570; to watch all 380 games would be £5700. I think that speaks for itself at how utterly ridiculous their prices are.

I don't mean to be overly academic about things, but there's well-established research that states that segregating losses (i.e. having to pay separately for each game) is bad for people's perceptions of value. This is exactly why the American game passes, season tickets etc. work so well, because you only pay once a year. You think less about how much each game costs to watch, and so getting value for money is less of a concern. Slapping a £15 price rate on every game means people can easily decide whether a game is going to be worth the cost or not (and for the most part, games not chosen for TV won't be worth it).

I for one won't be paying £15 to watch the games, especially when there are so many other ways to follow the game live.

• Like 2

Well this would be a **** up. I'm not surprised they'll try it though. 

The prem and the big few clubs won't give a shit about the same clubs always achieving. Its what they want. They don't want fans around the world having to cheer on 20 different teams. Just have 4-6 teams and everyone else just makes up the numbers. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

- "Special status" to 9 teams (Everton, Southampton and West Ham are the other three), with a 6/9 vote needed to make major changes, essentially giving the top 6 a monopoly on how english football is run,

Why Southampton and Wet Spam?

Villa and Newcastle have had more seasons in the Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemier League.

• Like 1

Â