Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

1 hour ago, penguin said:

I find it so hard to like Salah he’s the most selfish player I think I’ve ever seen, he’s at it every single game.

Also Liverpool getting favourable refereeing decisions, imagine my shock! 

Salah scores a lot of goals but he is the most selfish player in the Premier League, I dont think I have ever seen him pass the ball to another forward. His diving is embarrassing as well

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

cant see any team challenging them this season again. 

Yeah though Liverpool would struggle a bit after their end to last season and shipping 3 goals to Leeds on opening day but 6 points v Chelsea and Arsenal is ominous message.

I'd still be interested what would happe if they lost one of their forwards to a long term injury like pretty much all the other top teams have to contend with (Kane,Aguero, Rashford etc) but guess with all their central midfielders Klopp would just put another one in which keeps the full backs bombing on without too many worries.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah though Liverpool would struggle a bit after their end to last season and shipping 3 goals to Leeds on opening day but 6 points v Chelsea and Arsenal is ominous message.

I'd still be interested what would happe if they lost one of their forwards to a long term injury like pretty much all the other top teams have to contend with (Kane,Aguero, Rashford etc) but guess with all their central midfielders Klopp would just put another one in which keeps the full backs bombing on without too many worries.

I only saw the first half tonight but it looked so one sided 2-1 flattered Arsenal. Guess if they lost Van Dyke, TAA, Robertson and Salah at the same time they might struggle, but imo Klopp has proved himself to be a better manager than Pep. Where I live many City fans think he should have gone after Lyon. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PaulC said:

His arm is in a natural position which under the new rules isn't handball. 

the way this is being presented:

those are two separate points. so the position of the arm is redundant IF a goal is scored. it wouldn’t need to be clarified that the goal being scored makes a difference otherwise.

@a m ole has the same understanding as me

The rule last year was it was irrelavent where the arm was or if it was intentional if it touched the arm during the scoring of a goal then it was handball and in that pic it definitley touches his arm 

The key change might be the word directly which imo was the bullshit last year, I agree with the rule if it's like Rodriguez vs us, if it touches the arm and goes in then yep bring it back, if it touches it in the build up and you start to bring in passages of play and all that nonsense then let it stand 

Just to make it more confusing I think the word silhouette plays a role in all this too

Remember Nakamba vs Leicester in the cup where he turned his body and raised his arm? In theory the silhouette of his body hasn't changed because of the way he turned 

Clear as mud

As with the beginning of every season people get carried away with teams that have a few good results, this season Leeds have seven points after four games, but at the same stage last season West Ham had seven points and the season before that Bournemouth also had seven points after four games, and Watford were on twelve points.

1 minute ago, useless said:

As with the beginning of every season people get carried away with teams that have a few good results, this season Leeds have seven points after four games, but at the same stage last season West Ham had seven points and the season before that Bournemouth also had seven points after four games, and Watford were on twelve points.

Leeds isn't looking to be slowing down anytime soon.

They've done well, but you could equally say that they only just about beat poor Sheffield United and Fulham teams, and were lucky to come up against Man City side that were well below their usual standards. I think it's too early to make any real judgement other than that they've made a reasonable start, but as I perceptibly say, many a team have had a similar starts and then faded away, the same can be said in relation to Everton's start to the season, and indeed our own start.

Edited by useless

Â