Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I thought they were still superbly organised at the back, a lot of the frustration last night wasn't us playing poorly it was them defending really well

Don't disagree with that.

Don't got a lot of quality in the final third though.

They are very similar to Newcastle.

47 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Americanisation of the sport. First they tried to change from halves to quarters, and now they've eradicated "ties".

Yeah but we now have a stat for chances created whilst running against the wind at a temperature of 10 to 15° landing on the 4th lace loop of a striker who wears Nike boots

And as we all know that's the real measuring stick of a player 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Americanisation of the sport. First they tried to change from halves to quarters, and now they've eradicated "ties".

Is “ties” not an American thing? I remember making fun of the British pronunciation of “score draw” when I was kid (in Ireland).

Anyway, don’t give statistics to the Yanks.

33 minutes ago, Enda said:

Is “ties” not an American thing? I remember making fun of the British pronunciation of “score draw” when I was kid (in Ireland).

Anyway, don’t give statistics to the Yanks.

Possibly, but they always lead to overtime!

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Sheffield United are basically the continuation of Pulis' Stoke.

On the face of it that look like the wrongest thing I've seen on the internet in some time. However there is too much needless mud slinging on the web so I want to try and understand better. 

What similarities are you alluding to? They are hugely different in my eyes. 

Just now, villaglint said:

On the face of it that look like the wrongest thing I've seen on the internet in some time. However there is too much needless mud slinging on the web so I want to try and understand better. 

What similarities are you alluding to? They are hugely different in my eyes. 

Based on how they play.

Â