Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

29 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

It begins...

Leyton Orient confirm 'number of players' have coronavirus

Only a matter of time before this happens to a PL club and a series of games gets postponed as a result. No way this season is ending the date it should without teams being forced to play three games in one week at some stage.

Agree with the comment that it will no doubt happen to a PL team

The postponement is up for debate though... Ligue A has made teams play even if they have cases

Surely they learned from last season and put some rules in writing but I wouldnt be surprised if they're not as clear cut as the media will make out, Liverpool lose VVD the week they play man City for example, the media will have a field day with misinformation 

36 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Fulham could be a good follow up game for us. I think we will be very good on the counter attack. They will be looking to get some points on the board we gotta use the pace we’ve added to get in behind them. Traore to hopefully start.

I was thinking that. A great opportunity to win the opening 2 games. Momentum is so important and confidence. Winning first 2 on the bounce instead of getting spanked by Citeh in the opening game could stand us in good stead. 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Fulham is up next. Should be 3 points that.

Last time we won our first opening games was back in the 15/16 season

Nope we got relegated that season. Maybe Leeds won 2 in a row that season 

• Haha 1

The more I reflect I think today’s scoreline and performance was the perfect start for the season.

Ultimately we got 3 points which was the aim.

However we weren’t great against ten men which is ok for two main reasons 1- we are not going to get complacent whereby had we won 3-0 we might think we are better than we are and mask some big flaws, 2 - it is still very obvious that we need more attacking intent and therefore it’s imperative we bring in more additions before the window closes.

Our keeper made a vital contribution which is massive, gives him confidence and also breeds confidence with our defence/keeper, he made some great claims when the ball was whipped into our box and I’m sure we will all agree he looked assured when called on.

The defence although rarely tested have gotten a clean sheet. We only managed 7 all last season so to get one early is very welcome.

We were by no means great but we have a new winger eligible for the next game and hopefully some more signings and this should hopefully relegate trez to the bench who is woeful.

Another CM needed and a decent start from Watkins.

Hopefully an easier season ahead.

• Like 1

Â