Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man Utd

limpid

Match Polls  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/20 at 22:59

At the end of the day we are playing a team who are massively superior to us anyway, worth what? A billion? 

You really don't need a penalty to be awarded which is not in a million years a penalty and a goal to be scored in the 5th minute of 4 minutes of injury time (I note that full time was blown 2 seconds over even though we had the ball on the wing). 

We just have to find a way of getting a couple of wins and take it to do or die against West Ham. 

The problem is there are no goals anywhere. Our most influential players are influencing nothing and our defence is looking shambolic. 

We've had a horrible run of games and often looked like we are competing. I mean seriously we were the better team till we was robbed guvnor. 

BUT I'm sick of "if we can do that against a lesser team we'll be fine" it just NEVER HAPPENS. Any other team would say there were positives out there today but our positives always stay in the last game. 

• Like 2

Having flashbacks to when we went down last time..no passion,desire or direction...only 2 players in that whole team deserved to wear the shirt tonight.Smith needs to resign and bring the whole backroom/hierarchy with him

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Villaphan04 said:

agreed with that, I'd rather just slide him back central and put an actual RB out there. 

When we fleece Mings to Arsenal, I think Konsa and Hause will be a good pairing for us next season

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Since the Sherwood/Garde escapade, I actually thought it would be impossible to reach that shitness level of embarrassment ever again!.. How fcukin wrong!.. 

But even under Sherwood the team tried, The only tactic was give it to Benteke, but at least they tried 

• Like 1

Start well, give up a cheap (in this case, free, thanks to **** officiating and **** VAR yet again) goal, heads drop and we're done. I'm not necessarily anti-Smith but when a club is constantly drifting on the horizon of a confidence black hole, you *have* to make a change.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

They took the piss out of us in the second half. Me and my mates were taken the piss out of once against vastly superior talented players. They didn't take the piss out of us in the second half because we kicked them pillar to post. Never happened to us again in the 17th tier of English football. We might be awful at football but we can compete. Shame our Aston Villa can't say the same.

This 

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The players mirror him.

Maybe but they are have something to answer themselves tonight.  That wasnt solely Smith's fault, much of tonights blame should be on the players.

A really horrible performance.  Who is to blame for that psychology - go one down and give up? Yeah it was unfair but we are not mathematically down, so go for it! 

Conor, Taylor, Trezeguet and Luiz showed fight at least. I'm sick of our "best" players McGinn, Mings and of course Jack giving up every game. 

Disgusted to see us go down with a whimper. Palace will smash us. 

Â