Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man Utd

limpid

Match Polls  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/20 at 22:59

I’m so tired of this whole lack of confidence crap. I have nothing against losing a game of football but it’s the manner of which we lose makes my blood boil. Take the captains armband off jack tonight. Petulant and moody! A captain is supposed to embody the spirit of a team ffs. UTV

• Like 3

Mings was fine. Made a mistake by not pressing Greenwood but all these comments about his play being “disgusting” or “shite” are delusional and purely raging. He’s the only one on our back line that’s worth a damn. 

Luiz and Reina have been the only positives since restart. 

Grealish, I don’t know what to say about him other than he’s been by a long shot the biggest disappointment and is costing himself a move to a bigger team.

What’s more embarrassing is this board losing their minds over a game we were never going to win. Man U came into today with easily the best form in the league. And we’ve been abysmal since January. We have ZERO offense. Wtf do you expect is going to happen. Props to them for only losing by 3, ha!

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 2

We can’t handle adversity. It’s been the story of our season. Our heads utterly dropped after the penalty and we gave up and it showed. That level of character we showed gives you very little hope of survival. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Unbelievable his denial

And pretty much admitted we threw in the towel. Unbelievable,

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

What’s more embarrassing is this board losing their minds over a game we were never going to win. Man U came into today with easily the best form in the league. And we’ve been abysmal since January. We have ZERO offense. Wtf do you expect is going to happen. Props to them for only losing by 3, ha!

I totally understand your point, I expected a defeat tonight and it's all about the next couple of games and not tonight but it was the performance tonight that lost me a lot of hope.  Man U are quality but they didnt have to get out of 3rd or 4th gear tonight, we played like we had no hope, desire or interest....that's what got me.  I was convinced before this game that we would still survive this season but that has really knocked my confidence tonight, not because of the result but about the performance and especially our key players like Jack, McGinn and Mings who we need at top form over the coming games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

I was explaining to someone not too long ago why I, as an American with no connection to Birmingham, support Villa and I realized what I was describing was Stockholm Syndrome.

The treatment for Stockholm syndrome is counseling by a psychiatrist. How long a person needs to be in counseling varies by case. Since a person may have experienced mental, emotional and physical abuse, it may take years of therapy for the victim to see improvement. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, PaddytheVillan said:

A really horrible performance.  Who is to blame for that psychology - go one down and give up? Yeah it was unfair but we are not mathematically down, so go for it! 

Conor, Taylor, Trezeguet and Luiz showed fight at least. I'm sick of our "best" players McGinn, Mings and of course Jack giving up every game. 

Disgusted to see us go down with a whimper. Palace will smash us. 

I think DS has to make some big decisions. For me the first would be to drop Jack. He's a passenger at the moment and Conor brings so much more to the team. Maybe fire him up and bring him on second half. 

• Haha 1

Â