Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man Utd

limpid

Match Polls  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/20 at 22:59

2 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

DS is in total denial FO

I don't care what he says to the press but I hope he's honest with the players and gives them a rocket up their arses. 

It was a shocking, yet typical decision gone against us but players and coaching staff cannot blame the result on it or stop trying after it. 

We look devoid of confidence and capability in the latter third of the pitch and don't see where a goal is going to come from. 

We have Palace and Everton next and would usually look at gaining 4 points but now I'd be shocked if we managed a clean sheet. 

• Like 1

Just now, Herman22 said:

I think DS has to make some big decisions. For me the first would be to drop Jack. He's a passenger at the moment and Conor brings so much more to the team. Maybe fire him up and bring him on second half. 

The only decision he needs to make is how to leave. 

• Thanks 1

I'm used to seeing Utd beat us,they've had better players than us for years.Tonight instead of using the pen injustice to rev us up we hid in our shell.Ive never seen zonal marking during open play before,dont think it'll catch on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jim said:

And pretty much admitted we threw in the towel. Unbelievable,

Penalty was awful, but he shouldve forget about that straight away and focus on getting back in the game but neither him or the team did.  No discussion how bad we played apart from a pop at Mings for the second goal.  

22 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Heads went after the penalty decision, they didn't give a shit after that. 

Which is disgusting really, shouldn't they be busting a bollock to right that wrong

• Like 2

At 9-1 against, we were not supposed to win this one but we ARE supposed to be fighting for our lives and we do not give that impression. I love Jack but, in all honesty, he is a shite captain who shows no passion and no encouragement for his team mates. Does he actually EVER  talk to his team mates ? He is supposed to be a leader and he comes across as a sulky kid playing for the name on the back of his shirt rather than the badge on the front.

I wish Smith would sub Jack or even leave him on the bench just to make a point. The only good thing about his performances and attitude is that there is no way any half decent club will sign him ...... not even for £8M let alone £80M !!!

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 1

What is it 3 points from 16 games? Absolutely disgusting.

How anyone can defend Dean Smith I really don’t know, get rid now! There is so much better out there, he’s had his chance and spectacularly failed at it, at least Norwich have an excuse that they didn’t even spend any money, we let Dean waste 130 million on nothing.

Sell Mings, Grealish and McGinn and start again, this squad is going to be damaged goods next year, we need a new 11 basically.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Penalty was awful, but he shouldve forget about that straight away and focus on getting back in the game but neither him or the team did.  No discussion how bad we played apart from a pop at Mings for the second goal.  

I know I’ve been vocal about my dislike for him but that interview disgusted me.

I can accept losing but throwing in the towel like that in unforgivable and as good as admitting on live TV. I don’t mind losing if we show some fight and I sound like a broken record because I say it week in week out. He has to go. What message does that send out to players when we are deep in a relegation scrap?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I can't find the post match interview....

Dont bother, you'll just be more angry!  I've been pro-Smith but I was disgusted with that post match interview

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Dont bother, you'll just be more angry!  I've been pro-Smith but I was disgusted with that post match interview

In fairness to you mate, you have been objective and rational with your thoughts, even when we have disagreed. Gotta respect that. UTV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I totally understand your point, I expected a defeat tonight and it's all about the next couple of games and not tonight but it was the performance tonight that lost me a lot of hope.  Man U are quality but they didnt have to get out of 3rd or 4th gear tonight, we played like we had no hope, desire or interest....that's what got me.  I was convinced before this game that we would still survive this season but that has really knocked my confidence tonight, not because of the result but about the performance and especially our key players like Jack, McGinn and Mings who we need at top form over the coming games.

I do agree with you. The story of Villas season, a solid 15-20 minutes followed by complete shambles and what seems like hopelessness. I can’t remember which game it was but it was one of the 4 before Liverpool. Very much to what you’re saying. I figured we would lose the game so I had no issue with losing. It was how we lost that got me. The performance was SO bad I felt like I had no choice but to become enraged by it. I guess that game, whichever one it was, knocked the confidence out of me.

Grealish, of that bunch, is really the only player who I’m fed up with. Even if he’s mentally checked out and ready for a big next move I don’t know why anyone watching would want him, especially with how much were demanding for him. For the other two Mings is Mings, he’s solid for majority of the game but always has that one brain fart and McGinn looks like he’s slowly finding his form again. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The players mirror him.

Jesus! That's ridiculous, even by your standards. Stop blaming 1 man when theres a lot to take the blame. Smith was angry with the ref the players were, hows that mirroring?

Criticise mings, grealish, samatta, konsa  wake up!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

At 9-1 against, we were not supposed to win this one but we ARE supposed to be fighting for our lives and we do not give that impression. I love Jack but, in all honesty, he is a shite captain who shows no passion and no encouragement for his team mates. Does he actually EVER  talk to his team mates ? He is supposed to be a leader and he comes across as a sulky kid playing for the name on the back of his shirt rather than the badge on the front.

I wish Smith would sub Jack or even leave him on the bench just to make a point. The only good thing about his performances and attitude is that there is no way any half decent club will sign him ...... not even for £8M let alone £80M !!!

I am not sure that’s a good thing to be honest. I think he’s leaving at the end of the season and as much as I love how he stayed with us through tough years, I’m tired of the sulky body language from a captain and the constant efforts of the media to sell him. Even the Sky commentator had him in the United team before a ball was even kicked tonight. I’d prefer he maximises his value and we just let him go for a good price. The way things are going at the moment, Bruce brings him to Newcastle for 30 million. 

• Like 1

I think Mings is desperately over rated but he is [was] an important talisman. My fear is that a few players in our squad think they are bigger than the club, superstars owed a living, a destiny. Frankly, we are better off without them medium/long term.

Â