Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man Utd

limpid

Match Polls  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/20 at 22:59

Is it just me? For years I have genuinely in my heart of hearts felt like we have been paying for beating United at Wembley in 1994.

At that point I had been attending Villa games regularly since 1985 and I genuinely at that stage thought I would never in my life witness Villa lifting silverware. In fact I thought I would never see them play at Wembley.

I went there expecting us to get absolutely battered. I never thought we had a chance and nobody else did either.

United were going to win the treble, it was set in stone.

Anyway, the number of beatings we've had, mostly deserved but many undeserved.  I've just always personally had a feeling I'm still paying for 94.

Today was one of those very much deserved defeats. 

Then again there always seems to be some unfair thing that happens and is often the trigger point in the game, in spite of them having a massively better team most games. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

I have so much respect for our fans who don't deserve to endure this. As much as I love this great club I would genuinely have wished there was no restart and we were just relegated so we could get rid of Smith sell 70% of this squad and start again and hopefully start to bring youth into the squad and develop them. 

I won't miss the Premier League one bit when we go down.

• Like 2

Shocking penalty decision but then they just all gave up. It's worse than any performance than I've seen from any of the other bottom side I don't think the players have it in them to fight. Luiz and Taylor only half decent players today. Grealish cant be arsed, mcginn is fat and unfit and Mings thinks he's better than he is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, M_Afro said:

Mings display was disgusting. He just gave up

I think the period of thinking Mings was a good signing and Grealish a good captain have utterly and rightfully disappeared along with the 'one of our own' crap around Smith

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JamieZ said:

I was explaining to someone not too long ago why I, as an American with no connection to Birmingham, support Villa and I realized what I was describing was Stockholm Syndrome.

I REALLY like this! Brilliant!

Â