Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man Utd

limpid

Match Polls  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/20 at 22:59

Until that shocking penalty decision we were the better side and looked well up for it, can't believe how one wrong decision completely turned the match. We go a goal down and we give up. After that we were poor. 

Still cant understand why VAR didn't overturn, every person I spoke to thinks that was never a penalty, everyone in the Sky studio and commentary said it wasn't a penalty.. how can one person watching a video replay get it so wrong? Are players now allowed to jump 2 footed into a defender and win a penalty? missed that new law. If it was the other end of the pitch it wouldn't have been a penalty and our player would have been sent off for a 2 footed challenge with both feet leaving the ground

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Mings display was disgusting. He just gave up

We have been carrying the useless **** since last November!

And people Are worried he's off to Arsenal?... haha!

He wouldn't get in the Arsrnal woman's team and he is another who has been found out at this level!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We have been carrying the useless **** since last November!

And people Are worried he's off to Arsenal?... haha!

He wouldn't get in the Arsrnal woman's team and he is another who has been found out at this level!

He was magnificent at the start of the season

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s just back from a serious injury, be patient with him 

We haven't got the luxury to be **** patient with anyone. Play someone who's match fit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

Until that shocking penalty decision we were the better side and looked well up for it, can't believe how one wrong decision completely turned the match. We go a goal down and we give up. After that we were poor. 

Still cant understand why VAR didn't overturn, every person I spoke to thinks that was never a penalty, everyone in the Sky studio and commentary said it wasn't a penalty.. how can one person watching a video replay get it so wrong? Are players now allowed to jump 2 footed into a defender and win a penalty? missed that new law. If it was the other end of the pitch it wouldn't have been a penalty and our player would have been sent off for a 2 footed challenge with both feet leaving the ground

There’s no steel in our team, we are second to every ball.

Our captain is a sulking spoilt kid when we need a leader that shouts at and or motivates the team during games and gets them to pull their socks up. 

• Like 2

Going down with not as much as a whimper.

Last night went pretty much as I expected. I have never felt so deflated watching the villa as i did last night and i was wishing the last 35 mins away for fear of our goal difference getting an even bigger kicking 

7 hours ago, Ouchmefoot said:

Premier League have confirmed that it should have been a free-kick to Villa

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53357841

Capture2.PNG

Its incredible to me that you now have a referee, Graham Scott, the VAR official, who was the only person who actually thought that was a penalty. I can forgive refs making mistakes on the pitch, but a ref who clearly has little comprehension of foul play in front of his eyes, viewed over and over again is not fit to work in football

• Like 2

Frankly not interested in the penalty excuses. Yes it was a horrific decision but the reaction from the team after that was pathetic, no intensity, no urgency, it was a training game for United. Win or bust on Sunday now. Really is last chance saloon but to be honest I'm tired shitless of watching this team. Even if we somehow did pull off the unthinkable big changes need to be made. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Junxs said:

It’s easy to understand how the players can get so deflated. Another terrible decision against them that ruins the game plan that was working well. When you see a penalty like that given against you by the referee is bad enough, but to know that it’s been looked at by someone else on replays and STILL they award the penalty.......well, you can understand reluctance to make any sort of challenge in the box thereafter. You’re already up against really good players, the last thing you need is officials against you. It’s a farce. 

• Like 2

My gf, whos not really interested in football and Villa but ofc cant help but being exposed to it and watches the odd game with me, said when the penalty was awarded: " Oh that referee again, he always hates you and make stupid decisions against you!" 

When someone whos hardly following Villa still picks up on this detail without me even commenting on it first, it really says it all

• Like 2

Obvious fuming about the injustice of the penalty but have woken up and thinking about it, feel more angry about our lack of reaction to it (Luiz and Taylor aside) - surely a decision like that is a spark for us to show some grit?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chappy said:

Obvious fuming about the injustice of the penalty but have woken up and thinking about it, feel more angry about our lack of reaction to it (Luiz and Taylor aside) - surely a decision like that is a spark for us to show some grit?

It would be, if we had any. Powder-puff as always.

Â