Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man Utd

limpid

Match Polls  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/20 at 22:59

I’m not as downbeat as most. We played really well until Fernandes foul on Konsa. We seem to really struggle once going a goal down but a lot of that is to do with having no fans to gee them up after there heads drop.

i gave Luiz motm again for the fifth game in a row since the restart. Can’t believe How poor Grealish has been since the restart but he said himself it takes him 5 or 6 games to get into his flow and hopefully he can show that against Palace. 
we are still only 4 points off safety and can reduce that to 1 on sunday and then matches against Everton and Arsenal, who both may not have much to play for. Could still come down to West Ham. UTV!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Enough is enough. Good night lads, we can do all it again Sunday.

Sometimes I wish my dad had supported some other team. 

Sunderland?

• Haha 1

Gave up watching at half time as I could guess the script. No way do we ever come back from two down. I simply cannot believe how much space we gave them nor the shocking performance from Mings who reminds me of Micah Richards at his worst, a lumbering HGV. Grealish is utter gash at the moment. He has for far too long got way with being ‘one of our own’. I can’t decide whether our attack is just plain awful or just gets poor service, probably both. To be honest I could count the players who deserved to wear the shirt tonight on one hand and have fingers spare.

Much as I like Deano the sad conclusion has to be he is out of his depth. I get the principle that the squad is not good enough, we simply could not buy enough talent with the money we could spend.There is some potential there but it’s not possible to allow it to develop sufficiently given the pressure of the PL. Having said that the players have no bottle, no fight and fail to even do the basics properly. That’s the responsibility of the manager. Just like Grealish Deano has traded for too long on being a Villa fan. Funnily enough he could probably get us back up but sadly we have to look to the longer term and make the change at the end of the season.

Edited by Harry

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Mings was fine. Made a mistake by not pressing Greenwood but all these comments about his play being “disgusting” or “shite” are delusional and purely raging. He’s the only one on our back line that’s worth a damn. 

Luiz and Reina have been the only positives since restart. 

Grealish, I don’t know what to say about him other than he’s been by a long shot the biggest disappointment and is costing himself a move to a bigger team.

What’s more embarrassing is this board losing their minds over a game we were never going to win. Man U came into today with easily the best form in the league. And we’ve been abysmal since January. We have ZERO offense. Wtf do you expect is going to happen. Props to them for only losing by 3, ha!

Sorry but if anyone is delusional here, then it is you. 

Mings missed at least 2 clearance before the penalty that Hause had to come across for and recover.

He stood off and failed to close down on nearly every attack.

He stood by watching united players pass around him with his head down between his shoulders all game.

Fans, pundits, impartials have all stated how poor he was tonight.  So if you are the only man saying he wasnt bad, then i hate to break it to you, but you are the problem.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Gave up watching at half time as I could guess the script. No way do we ever come back from two down. I simply cannot believe how much space we gave them nor the shocking performance from Mings who reminds me of Micah Richards at his worst, a lumbering HGV. Grealish is utter gash at the moment. He has for far too long got way with being ‘one of our own’. I can’t decide whether our attack is just plain awful or just gets poor service, probably both. To be honest I could count the players who deserved to wear the shirt tonight on one hand and have fingers spare.

Much as I like Deano the sad conclusion has to be he is out of his depth. I get the principle that the squad is not good enough, we simply could not buy enough talent with the money we could spend.There is some potential there but it’s not possible to allow it to develop sufficiently given the pressure of the PL. Having said that the players have no bottle, no fight and fail to even do the basics properly. That’s the responsibility of the manager. Just like Grealish Deano has traded for too long on being a Villa fan. Funnily enough he could probably get us back up but sadly we have to look to the longer term and make the change at the end of the season.

I don’t really see how it’s Deans fault that our star players, Grealish, Mcginn and Mings are not playing to their best. Imagine the hate if he dropped them.

3 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Mings missed at least 2 clearance before the penalty that Hause had to come across for and recover.

He stood by watching united players pass around him with his head down between his shoulders all game.

Fans, pundits, impartials have all stated how poor he was tonight.  So if you are the only man saying he wasnt bad, then i hate to break it to you, but you are the problem.

Mings just typifies the problems at the club. A good player who is going backwards. At the moment he would struggle in the Championship. He was poor tonight as he has been for many many games this season.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, stegzy said:

I don’t really see how it’s Deans fault that our star players, Grealish, Mcginn and Mings are not playing to their best. Imagine the hate if he dropped them.

Hate? I'd applaud, particularly in Jack's case.  Its been like playing with 10 men since the restart he has been so absent.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, stegzy said:

I don’t think that is what I said. My comments about DS were about his management of the team and the squad as a whole.
Given how awful the three of them are at the moment many fans would heave a sigh of relief if we gave players who might actually play a bit better and try a bit harder a chance.

Edited by Harry
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Hate? I'd applaud, particularly in Jack's case.  Its been like playing with 10 men since the restart he has been so absent.

9 men, McGinn has been a passenger too!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Hahaha first of all. I said he was fine. Never said he was bad, never said he was good but to say he was abysmal is false and I don’t think his performance was as poor as everyone is making it out to be. He certainly wasn’t as energized as he usually is but to say he was standing around with his head down is just an angry attack on your part. You are clearly mistaking getting into position for “standing around” or “standing off.”. 
He wasn’t near the ball on the penalty so I have NO clue what missed clearances you are talking about. He was covering whichever Man U player that was standing in front of him in the box. Hause is the one who failed to clear it right before it got to Bruno. If he wasn’t closing down then he was filling gaps that either Konsa or Hause vacated or weren’t getting back fast enough on OR like I said, was getting into position. Look at that first Bruno to Greenwood pass in the box, Hause collapsed outside where he had no business going. He spends just as much time trying to cover other people’s mistakes as he is trying to just play his own position. Everyone’s aware of his mistake in not closing down Greenwood on that second goal but most of what you’ve mentioned is scapegoating.

That was the worst penalty decision I have ever seen(since palace away)I have never seen a penalty given when the attacking player deserved a red card.

Thing that shocked me the most was Gary Neville justifying it (previously I had always respected his opinions)

We  played well for 27 mins had 3 or 4 good chances but after that incident we were done.

I thought Taylor ,Hause and Konsa did OK.

Is Mings shit ?No .Did he make a mistake ?Yes

Is Grealish playing poorly ?Yes.He is trying to carry the weight of the team on his shoulders and he can’t cope.

Crystal Palace is must win.Can we win ?If everybody just thinks positively for a few days we can .I am not sure who is going to score for us but it’s possible .

We can have conversations about how shit all our players are when it is mathematically certain and we can sell all our players and buy another 10 -15 new players because we know that is certain to be successful.

Edited by Only2McInallys
  • Like 3

The most unsurprising result in world football has happened again. We had a nice  three year  break from it but went back to the old days tonight with the classic Man U defeat at Villa Park.

Ok they are on form and the penalty decision was dodgy but we had one shot on target  the entire game.

I just want this season to end now. I don't think we will get 30 points. Its over. Finished.  Villa are a ex parrot of a Premier League side. Just sick of it.

In hindsight should have just played the kids with Lansbury and Drinkwater to get ready for Palace as they have a two day advantage for rest.

Who I am kidding we ain't going to win that anyway.

I would like Smith to prove the doubters wrong and rebuild next season in the championship, but equally I wouldn't be surprised if the owners bin him off shortly along with JT and Suso. 

Devoid of all confidence, almost guaranteed to concede and have no strikers at present who like scoring. I fear for next season in the Championship unless we stop the rot.

Bar that increasingly bizarre 10 game late  winning run last season,  our overall form for this season and 75% of last season in the championship has been mediocre to downright crap.

We could be in October still looking for a win. 

Edited by The Fun Factory

I caught the last 10 minutes.

Even when we came into moments where the play was ours, we simply lumped it to a contest we were outnumbered in, consequently conceding possession.

No one seemed to want the ball at all, it's like we were allergic to it. No desire whatsoever.

We need some momentum to find its way into our play, not sure where it's going to start.

Well, I don’t know about you guys, but I’m going to be doing a spinning jump kick into the first guy I pass on the High Street tomorrow. If Jon Moss and Graham Scott are on the jury, that’ll be an assault conviction for my victim – even though he was standing perfectly still – and a shitload of compo for me. Winner winner chicken dinner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Hahaha first of all. I said he was fine. Never said he was bad, never said he was good but to say he was abysmal is false and I don’t think his performance was as poor as everyone is making it out to be. He certainly wasn’t as energized as he usually is but to say he was standing around with his head down is just an angry attack on your part. You are clearly mistaking getting into position for “standing around” or “standing off.”. 
He wasn’t near the ball on the penalty so I have NO clue what missed clearances you are talking about. He was covering whichever Man U player that was standing in front of him in the box. Hause is the one who failed to clear it right before it got to Bruno. If he wasn’t closing down then he was filling gaps that either Konsa or Hause vacated or weren’t getting back fast enough on OR like I said, was getting into position. Look at that first Bruno to Greenwood pass in the box, Hause collapsed outside where he had no business going. He spends just as much time trying to cover other people’s mistakes as he is trying to just play his own position. Everyone’s aware of his mistake in not closing down Greenwood on that second goal but most of what you’ve mentioned is scapegoating.

Its not only my opinion, its shared by most fans and pundits, so i am afraid you are in the minority if you think his performance was anything other than poor.

Â