U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

Someone made an interesting point on Twitter that Trump is the first president since Jimmy Carter to not start a war.

And a reason he increased his Muslim vote was probably because he didn't bomb them as much as his predecessors.

He only had 1 term to avoid doing it though so it's entirely possible he would have started something in his 2nd term.

They are still heavily involved in killing them in Palestine, Yemen, Syria and other places by proxy. And who knows how close it was to kick off against Iran around the new year.

He's as undeserving of a Nobel Peace Price as Obama was.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sne said:

They are still heavily involved in killing them in Palestine, Yemen, Syria and other places by proxy. And who knows how close it was to kick off against Iran around the new year.

He's as undeserving of a Nobel Peace Price as Obama was.

Went fairly close with North Korea too

Until covid, I'd probably have argued that despite being a massive bellend, he wasn't the worst modern president, that'd have been comfortably Dubya for me. The last 8 months have probably changed that for me though.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Went fairly close with North Korea too

They inexplicably stood down pretty quickly though when he started taunting them. Then had the historic meeting. I'm not really sure what happened there. They almost seemed to respect the show of (Twitter) force.

I know it shouldn't matter in the grand scheme but it looks like Arizona could be heading to Trump. Still 30k behind with 180k left to count but isn't it the opposite to everywhere else there in that they have counted mail in ballots first? Last day or so Trump has gradually been closing what was a decent size lead for Biden.

18 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Until covid, I'd probably have argued that despite being a massive bellend, he wasn't the worst modern president, that'd have been comfortably Dubya for me. The last 8 months have probably changed that for me though.

I think that his incompetence got in the way of him doing anything really bad. He didn't have any policies and the Rs didn't care as long as they were able to pack all the courts to ensure they'd be able to compete next time.

Also, I don't think he'll see jail as the Ds still respect the idea of President. He'll be pardoned to emphasise that they know he's guilty. Hopefully that'll be enough to stop him getting a visa to live / visit the UK. But Boris.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I know it shouldn't matter in the grand scheme but it looks like Arizona could be heading to Trump. Still 30k behind with 180k left to count but isn't it the opposite to everywhere else there in that they have counted mail in ballots first? Last day or so Trump has gradually been closing what was a decent size lead for Biden.

Fraud! Where do they keep finding ballots for Biden???

38 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Someone made an interesting point on Twitter that Trump is the first president since Jimmy Carter to not start a war.

And a reason he increased his Muslim vote was probably because he didn't bomb them as much as his predecessors.

He only had 1 term to avoid doing it though so it's entirely possible he would have started something in his 2nd term.

It probably helped that Trump doesnt know the names and locations of most of the countries. He only knows of Mexico, Russia and China 

4 minutes ago, limpid said:

Also, I don't think he'll see jail as the Ds still respect the idea of President. He'll be pardoned to emphasise that they know he's guilty. Hopefully that'll be enough to stop him getting a visa to live / visit the UK. But Boris.

There's a lot of speculation that he'll pre-emptively pardon himself. Where it gets interesting though, is that the president cannot pardon state crimes, and for years there's been that that New York in particular are looking to bring charges for cases of fraud at the Trump organisation rather than any offences committed as president. It could be an interesting few months.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I must admit, "Harris is as bad as Trump" is one of the more "...say WHAT???" statements I've encountered for a while. 

Honestly, it's been quite worrying me and I have been trying to find out things about her.  I've just breathed a hugh sigh of relief when it's transpired he's a Trump supporter, so I can now treat it as utter nonsense. 

28 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I think there are quite a chunk of votes still to be counted from City areas which are more Biden friendly.  When those come in he should either stretch it out again or at least maintain a healthy lead with not so many more votes to come in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

Well he’s got two months left yet

God it's amazing that another night has gone by and there is almost no change. 

Why to they have all these counting machines? I'm certain they slow the whole thing down.  Seems to be taking forever. 

30 minutes ago, limpid said:

I think that his incompetence got in the way of him doing anything really bad. He didn't have any policies and the Rs didn't care as long as they were able to pack all the courts to ensure they'd be able to compete next time.

Yep, the bloke on Last Leg said it’d been done before and he’ll likely resign, allow Pence to become president and then pardon him of all crimes, disgusting if it happens.

Â