U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Just now, snowychap said:

Trump statement as expected - not conceding, saying election is bent and setting it up for some potentially serious stuff in the coming days and weeks.

He has lost and will now try to bring everything down with him

• Like 1

That isn't the words from Trump being read out now on Sky News.  That are his lawyers worrying that they will be out of a job very soon. 
I mean, it sounds slightly coherent.  They have no hope now anyway, just give it up.  He obviously instructed them to issue it but this is beyond pathetic.  Go play some golf.  

Edited by trekka

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It’s interesting that the networks get so fed up of waiting for the counting to end they just call it.

Not what happened, as I said, they called it, or Associated Press (who most of the press go off) called it because the lead went up in PA to 30k+

• Like 1

1 minute ago, avfcDJ said:

He has lost and will now try to bring everything down with him

Quite possibly and I think people ought to take note of it rather than either dismiss it or downplay it.

There's too much stuff about his supporters suddenly disappearing (when their numbers have increased!) and almost suggesting that he is immediately no longer President. He's still President until January.

He may well skedaddle as much as dig in - who knows? But could we really put it past him to try and directly encourage his supporters to do something really bad in the near future?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, trekka said:

That isn't the words from Trump being read out now on Sky News.  That are his lawyers worrying that they will be out of a job very soon. 
I mean, it sounds slightly coherent. 

I was going by the statement read out by Fox which purported to come directly from Trump, I think.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

How quickly we forget. Bush v Gore in 2000 took 35 days to count, and was only decided by the Supreme Court. 

Seems longer than 20 years. I can't say the world has improved since then at all 

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

I was going by the statement read out by Fox which purported to come directly from Trump, I think.

I edited my post as you quoted :).
I've no doubt that he instructed them to issue it but it was a bit too coherent for him as it appears.  I suppose if it was a twitter post it would be all in capitals and every sentence finishing with an exclamation mark.  More of that to come!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

That's where my money is. Resign, bugger off and get Pence to pardon him

Like a rogue state dictator attempting to get asylum somewhere.

Moscow? :D

Edit: Though they normally end up in Paris, don't they?

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not what happened, as I said, they called it, or Associated Press (who most of the press go off) called it because the lead went up in PA to 30k+

And it’s taking forever to get to 100%.

18 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Trump statement as expected - not conceding, saying election is bent and setting it up for some potentially serious stuff in the coming days and weeks.

At this point I'd be a little disappointed if he just went away quietly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Like a rogue state dictator attempting to get asylum somewhere.

Moscow? :D

Edit: Though they normally end up in Paris, don't they?

It would be really funny if he tried and Putin refused

Can't see Macron accepting somehow 🤣

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, trekka said:

Dunno who his lawyers are, because his previous ones quit a few days ago. 

Â