Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/06/20 at 11:30

Yeah I think with our fixtures, and our results to date against the better sides, you’d have to think we’re down now.

Today was all about quality, or the lack of it. I’m happy with the commitment and effort shown but we can’t function well enough as a team to win games.

We could / should have scored three again today, hesitant and shit finishing.

A draw just about keeps us alive, I suppose, and we really should have had more than one goal from our opportunities. It’s quite telling that our only two goals after the restart have both come from defenders. 

Really, though, not winning this was p*ss poor. They were there for the taking and I’m very worried it will cost us dearly that we didn’t.

Cant get excited or deflated, Deans tactics drain the life out of me. We could all see what was coming, But no changes, We all saw what Bruce did with his subs, but Dean waits until they have scored before countering. I am not a Premier league manager and neither is Dean. Really cant see us getting out of this we have to beat a top team now, not done it all season. Dean please leave, please dont take our team down 

• Like 2

Shite. 95% sure that's it now. We just don't look at scoring.

Positives... Grealish and Targett always hook up well. Samatta and Davis look good with the ball played into feet

We need to get players effectively playing off those two. They hold it up really well and then have nobody to play it to

• Like 2

This was a game we should've won. No question. Newcastle didn't care one bit. How do we react to that? We become timid, as if we had more to lose than to win. Unbelievable. Jack must stop hiding and be aggressive. Look how Antetokounmpo plays in Milwaukee Jack. He never backs down and is aggressive all the time. That's what you need to be. It's in your head. Get it out of your arse.

• Like 1

Useful point given other results. We could just fluke this. Thought Grealish was just about MOTM and I am bowled over by Dean Smith’s revolutionary new idea of playing two forwards so I am marking him a bit higher than normal. Also, I barely noticed the ref so he’s getting a good.

If in the next few matches we can show a bit more of the fight we did in the last 5 minutes, maybe, just maybe...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

He's shit.

Totally disagree. His fitness is down but he showed why he has been successful in the Champions League.  His hold up play in the first half was sublime.  Davis gave him a second wind. Finishing was off but he'll get a few before our return to the Championship. 

• Like 1

Just now, briny_ear said:

If in the next few matches we can show a bit more of the fight we did in the last 5 minutes, maybe, just maybe...

I said the same after Chelsea, then this happened.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

At least we didn’t lose. I have to ask. If Jack is an 80 million pound player, What is Saint maximin worth? Swap him with Jack and we win that game in my opinion.  Our star needs to do more. 

At least Luiz is showing his potential.

I really like St Maximin. Wish we had a winger like that in our side.

That game was ours, we just didnt want it enough.  Our defending for their goal was truly utterly abysmal in that our two central defenders were out at the wing for the throw in, then Konsa didnt even try tackling.  Our goal was a bit of luck that we desperately needed but jeez, we should've walked away with 3 points but certainly didnt deserve it.  Nyland is cack, our passing and drive is cack.  Why didnt Jack do what he did in the second half in the first.  We looked better with Davis and Samatta on together.  Not sure what El Ghazi or Trez offer us.  Happy with Luiz, looking better.  McGinn still looks like he's been out for six months.  This team and management need a good kicking in the dressing room, where is the urgency. Conor, what the hell what that final free kick, just awful.  Last chance and it's awful. 

Another point though I suppose and Bmouth and Norwich losing is good, along with West Ham last night so we are level on points

Edited by nick76

They were there for the taking tonight, but we couldn't take candy 🍬 off a baby. Two points dropped really. Had to be him that scored against us too, didn't it?  Bring on the Wolves! 😕

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

At least we didn’t lose. I have to ask. If Jack is an 80 million pound player, What is Saint maximin worth? Swap him with Jack and we win that game in my opinion.  Our star needs to do more. 

At least Luiz is showing his potential.

Probably the one of the only things i've pleased with the past few matches.

• Like 2

Â