Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Emery has apparently said that Archer could yet leave this summer, but also expressed that it was important that we had control over his future, presumably the same is applicable to Ramsey, and any other youngsters we might sell with buy-back clauses. So club still obviously sees potential in these players, if Emery himself is saying it's important we have control over their futures.

• Like 1

Ironically, as we let him leave, emi b gets injured and out for the season, giving a space in a position Ramsey can play.

Do we stop the transfer and explain this is his chance ? And extend ramseys contract if he's willing to take his chance ?

13 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Ironically, as we let him leave, emi b gets injured and out for the season, giving a space in a position Ramsey can play.

Do we stop the transfer and explain this is his chance ? And extend ramseys contract if he's willing to take his chance ?

If we thought he was ready now I doubt we'd have been selling him in the first place. 

I doubt this injury changes that... unless we find we can't sign someone that is a better option,  but suspect Burnley won't wait around long for us to make that call as they need their players in for the start of the season. 

I think he's still going

I watched press conference, and Emery confirmed that the idea is to keep Ramsey's future under our control and keep the possibiity of bringing him back, if he progress over the next year or so, basicllay confirming that at least we will have a buy-back.

Has anyone spoken about the buy back clause. The only basis for comparison we have is Dougie Luiz I think. His fee from city was c15m and I'm sure we always thought the buy back was 30-35m. I'm assuming Ramsey will be the same. 

It feels a lot but I suppose it has to be worth it for Burnley to agree it. 

2 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Has anyone spoken about the buy back clause. The only basis for comparison we have is Dougie Luiz I think. His fee from city was c15m and I'm sure we always thought the buy back was 30-35m. I'm assuming Ramsey will be the same. 

It feels a lot but I suppose it has to be worth it for Burnley to agree it. 

Pretty sure the buy back for Luiz was widely reported as £25m.

4 hours ago, useless said:

I watched press conference, and Emery confirmed that the idea is to keep Ramsey's future under our control and keep the possibiity of bringing him back, if he progress over the next year or so, basicllay confirming that at least we will have a buy-back.

Definitely, quote is:

"That is the idea we have with different players. Now, Aaron is so close to leaving and the idea is to have the possibility to recover him if he progresses over the next year or for more, deserving to play and come here."

No problem with selling him, he hasn’t proven himself yet, it’s a 14m profit for FFP calculations and if the buy back isn’t more than say 25m it’s a good deal.

if he makes it we get a developed player for say 10m more 

If he was good enough he would be given a chance by Unai. Plus, gotta make room for the next brother (Cole) to come through. 

Thanks for everything AJ and all the best for the future. If you improve enough maybe we'll see you return. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

We are forgetting the far most important thing here. Does he go in other football or stay on here as its a sale with a buyback clause  !! 

Good luck moderators 🤣

Other Football. 

But we can talk about him in the JJ thread and nobody will notice :ph34r:

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Correct. He also spoke about doing what is right for the player and being able to bring him back if/when he is ready to play for Aston Villa.

It makes a lot of sense as a business model. The young kids coming through will know they either get into our first team or, if they're at 20/21 and still not looking like being part of the core squad, they can be sold to further their development rather than hanging around and never meeting their potential.

We get a short-term FFP win, a potential longer-term win in paying a relatively negligible sum to have our young players gain experience AND youngsters know there's a pathway to the Premier League.

Seems ideal to me.

win/win.

No sure if it’s been mentioned but could Ramsey being sold with a buy back option be because of the number of players a team is allowed to loan out? 

Isn’t there a new rule that only allows a team to loan out 7 players. We currently have 5 players out on loan and I’m pretty sure we would try and find loans for at least 4 other players. I’m not 100% on the rules though. 

Edited by WHY
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, WHY said:

No sure if it’s been mentioned but could Ramsey being sold with a buy back option be because of the number of players a team is allowed to loan out? 

Isn’t there a new rule that only allows a team to loan out 7 players. We currently have 5 players out on loan and I’m pretty sure we would try and find loans for at least 4 other players. I’m not 100% on the rules though. 

I don't think that includes academy/youth team players does it? 

I maybe wrong? 

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

I don't think that includes academy/youth team players does it? 

I maybe wrong? 

Not sure of the rules mate. I would assume it doesn’t include players who come though the academy but I’m not sure. I thought the reason that FIFA introduced it though was to stop clubs stock pilling talent. 

Â