Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

2 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

How much could they say about a player who hasn’t even made an appearance in the prem.

He’s been here since he was a child. Could have maybe mentioned it with a bit more warmth. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

AJ finds space really well and looks to be more of a goal threat.

He's some way off Carney technically at the moment IMO.

And technical attributes can only be improved so far.

Respectful from AJ in not mentioning wanting to come back one day, as that's probably the hope from him and the club. Fully focused on Burnley and becoming a better player. Will be keeping a close eye on him and wish him all the best.

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Respectful from AJ in not mentioning wanting to come back one day, as that's probably the hope from him and the club. Fully focused on Burnley and becoming a better player. Will be keeping a close eye on him and wish him all the best.

He did say 'for now it's on to a new adventure'

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I thought that too. They didn’t wish him luck or anything. The sort of factual statement that players who have forced moves get. Maybe we’re overthinking it but it was noticeably cold.  

Maybe it's the Spanish influence, they're not known for sentimentality. Just ask Ashley Young?

He's tecnnically very good, probably better than Chukwuemeka in that respect, he can do things on the ball that Chukwuemeka can't, he's a very technical and skilful player, he's also been an excellent goal scorer at every level he's played at, but Chukwuemeka is technically very good himself and better than Aaron in other ways, and probably just about the better player overall, but they're both obviously excellent prospects, both two of the best players in their age group from the England set-up, and it's not for nothing that both got big money Prem moves at such a young age.

It's kind of the same difference between him and Jacob, Aaron technically better, but Jacob obviously the better playe.

We will probably start hearing more from Cole this season as he's now playing for our U16s so will probably make his U18 debut at some point

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, BOF said:

I know it makes sense for all involved. Sometimes it's not about being rational as a football fan. I don't like this transfer. I know there's a buyback. I still don't like it. Best of luck but I hope to see you back here very soon. God damn it.

I’m the opposite I’m a big fan of the transfer. So much better for his development 

• Like 1

Excited for his career and equally sad his break through won't be at Villa. I do like the bravery from AJ to forge his own path. Will serve him well in his career. 

36 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

JJ's Instagram story. 

d6c12fbbaf9220b8ed68f5e07ceb0686.png

Imagine the joy it would have brought Jacob to play alongside his brother in the PL for Villa. Or to be subbed off for him to come on. Its a shame that the debut where that happens is at best a couple of years off.

I hope we get to see it one day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I know it makes sense for all involved. Sometimes it's not about being rational as a football fan. I don't like this transfer. I know there's a buyback. I still don't like it. Best of luck but I hope to see you back here very soon. God damn it.

Completely agree

spacer.png

yoohoo for now! Best of luck to him and think he will really develop and become one of the big stars of the burnley team along with manuel benson. all this ffp money we are making will be of immediate benefit for us right now, getting players through the door who can maintain/push us on for that top 6 and beyond area. we are in a new era and overall im very happy with villa but it still feels sad nd wrong to see him go :( even though its for the best

It's a good move for Aaron, for himself he's far better off getting first team game time in the Premier League than the odd minute in a Villa shirt which will help his development and if he turns out to be good emough we buy him back.

Win win really.

Â