Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

11 minutes ago, allani said:

The BBC can only be triggered by the club that sold him - as in Buy Back Clause - rather than being a general Release Clause which can be met by any team.  I would also imagine that we get first refusal so that if we offer the value of the BBC but Liverpool offer £40m then Burnley are obligated to accept our bid.  Obviously if Liverpool offer £40m and we chose not to activate the BBC then Burnley could sell him to them.

But Liverpool are more likely to speak to us first because we'd be the ones making the decision on his future. 

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

We don't have the Sky 6 tax clearly but we're dealing in the same vein. We're struggling to sell off some of the senior players we went out and bought, so failing that as sad as it is this is a good way to bring in funds.

Plus, all is not lost considering the buyback clause. It's a glorified loan imo giving both teams transfer wiggle room, and Villa having the choice of not even signing him back if he's not good enough.

That's a good point. We sell for £12m and we get £12m immediately for FFP purposes. Burnley get him for £12m over 4 years so it only hits their FFP for £3m this year. 

Next year we buy him back for £20m for 4 years. It only costs us £5m in FFP for that year.  Burnley have sold him for £20m and so book a profit of £11m (£20m - £9m).

Both teams win.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Let me get this straight... in the best case scenario it's a glorified loan and in return for a few bob we get back a developed player... and in the worst case scenario we receive £14,000,000 for a player that has hardly achieved anything? Brilliant. I'd like as much as anyone for us to field a team of 11 academy players and absolutely rip it up but the world doesn't work that way. Ramsey isn't ready for where we want to be and seeing him stagnate on the bench would be worse than seeing him flourish elsewhere.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Let me get this straight... in the best case scenario it's a glorified loan and in return for a few bob we get back a developed player... and in the worst case scenario we receive £14,000,000 for a player that has hardly achieved anything? Brilliant. I'd like as much as anyone for us to field a team of 11 academy players and absolutely rip it up but the world doesn't work that way. Ramsey isn't ready for where we want to be and seeing him stagnate on the bench would be worse than seeing him flourish elsewhere.

You only have to take a look at the big 6 and see they don't have many academy players in their starting XIs, only the truly elite ones like Rashford, Saka and Foden make it.  The reality is probably about 90% of the academy players will be released or sold to fund the first team. Just how it is.  We have to get better at selling them as usually we just loan them out until they are released on a free.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Cizzler said:

You didn't answer my question.

Why does the 'buy-back clause' mean he has to sign for us? Surely if other clubs meet the agreed amount that triggers the clause, then Burnely can also accept their bids and Ramsey becomes free to negotiate with everyone. 

That's up to Burnley. They can accept whatever they want from other clubs. The buyback clause is not a Release Clause.

Burnley could value him at £40m. But have to sell to us at whatever the Buy Back is (let's guess at £20m). They aren't duty bound to sell at £20m to everybody.

Obviously if they value him at £25m then it's more likely they accept an offer from other clubs close to the Buy Back clause.

Same as Lavia at Southampton. Southampton value him at £50-60m so that's what he's going for this summer. If he isn't sold until next summer when City have their £30m clause activated, then Southampton will struggle to get their value for him

28 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I was against this transfer anyway, but with Buendia confirmed as out - is it now worth keeping AJ around for depth? Ramsey and Buendia both injured, AJ could get some game time

It's definitely an interesting test of what management think of him.

• Like 1

I don't think Buendia injury will make any difference to Aaron sale, as Buendia was going to be a starter or at least someone that was going to get a lot of minutes, whereas Ramsey as much as I rate highly, even if he'd have stayed, he would have been more a player that we would give minutes to when we could for his development, maybe more if he really could have impressed in those chances.

In a strange way Ramsey going to Burnley and playing a lot more for them than he would have done for us, might give him a better a chance of having a future with us in the long run, as there he will have a lot more chances to show he can be a good player at Premier League level, than he might have done with us, that's presumng the buy-back clause is actually going to be included in the deal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Very curious if he goes meaning we expect another name in alongside Zaniolo on the left hand side. 

I don't think we'd sign Zaniolo if it wasn't for Buendias injury. I imagine he was on a list at some point and we've stepped it up because of the injury.

I think we'll make one signing for that position and maybe keep AJ around. If AJ is still sold I think it just says that he really is far off from being in Emery's plans, rather than it meaning an additional head will come in

2 hours ago, villan95 said:

I'd say worst case scenario is that he goes on to be worth over £100M and our buy back clause isn't water tight but hopefully that won't be the case.

If our lawyers aren't good enough at their jobs to ensure that we have first refusal and that our bid (at the specified value in the BBC) must be accepted before any higher bids are considered then either we've failed (if they are employees of the club) or we can sue their a$$e$ for gross incompetence (if they are a third party).

23 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I don't think we'd sign Zaniolo if it wasn't for Buendias injury. I imagine he was on a list at some point and we've stepped it up because of the injury.

I think we'll make one signing for that position and maybe keep AJ around. If AJ is still sold I think it just says that he really is far off from being in Emery's plans, rather than it meaning an additional head will come in

I think that’s a fair assessment and would make sense from an FFP perspective as we can’t shift deadwood until their contracts run down the short term. I hope he stays but can understand the rationale for it. 

The buy-back clause is there to benefit us if he does well, we aren't going to allow a scenario where if he becomes a world beater worth £100m then Burnley get all the benefit from that by selling him on for a fee and taking all the profit.

Either there will be a pre-agreed arrangement with Aaron that in the event that another team wants to sign him and he wants to sign for them rather than us, then we will trigger buy-back clause before selling him on ourselves

Or there will be a pre-agreement with Burnley whereby if a team bids say £35m for him and he wants to join that team rather than come back to us, then anything over the buy-back clause comes back to us, so if Buy-back was £25m we would get ten million profit in that scenario, and Burnley wouldn't lose out either as they would still be getting a eleven million profit on original fee paid and if it got to that stage he would have done very well for them.

Both add up to pretty much the same thing, I think first more likely, if he does well enough that top teams want him then we just buy him back and sell him on ourselves to which ever team it is he wants to go to.

Although i don't think we have to worry too much about these scenarios, if he does well enough at Burnley that we want him back and can gurantee him plenty of game time, then I'm sure he would happily return as is seemingly already being agreed beforehand

• Like 1

Â