The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Took me years to convince my mom to serve Yorkshires and stuffing with every roast regardless of the meat

Beef = Yorkshires then mustard or horseradish 

Chicken = stuffing

Lamb = mint sauce

Pork = apple

I'll stick mustard with all of them too, love mustard 

Edit - and perfect roast is hard, I'm not even sure what meat I'd pick, probably lamb but I think thats because its more expensive eaten less frequently and therefore a bit special 

Prefer mint jelly than mint sauce with lamb and also onion sauce..................

So I assume at least a few of you sick lot has tried these ones :D 

Lithuanian Company Launches NSFW Potato Chips

お菓子なのに18禁。娘フラワー風味のポテトチップスが発売開始 : カラパイア

If you think scorching hot potato chips are bold, these new pus*y-flavored potato chips recently launched in Lithuania will probably leave an interesting taste in your mouth.

According to recent research young people are three times less likely to fall in love than their parents were at the same age. Social media and our transition to virtual lives are partly to blame, but one Lithuanian potato chip company is trying to reverse the trend with a controversial line of chips aimed exclusively at 18-year-olds and older. The CHAZZ potato chip line features flavors like mussels and white wine, or Bloody Mary cocktail, but it’s the “pus*y flavor” that has been attracting the most attention…

So how does one recreate the flavor of the female reproductive organ and adapt it to potato chips? Well, according to the CHAZZ website, the entire marketing department took the task very seriously, relying on their own experiences and those of acquaintances who had experienced the taste to reproduce it.

After a series of debates and arguments, the team responsible for the project realized that the ingredients they had selected were too weak, so five members (both boys and girls) were tasked with coming up with a proper list. 

https://www.odditycentral.com/foods/lithuanian-company-launches-nsfw-potato-chips.html

Edited by sne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 21/09/2022 at 06:00, bannedfromHandV said:

Wtf.

There’s no way boiled bacon is nice.

I’ve seen some weird shit in this thread but you’ve just won.

7 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

🤢🤮

If it's not crispy is it even bacon?

So, steak tartare and sashimi are out for you guys?

But to be fair; a pro tip: do not order steak tartare in a restaurant whilst in a small African country.

Gravy question. We do buy instant for quickness, usually Asda Extra Special Beef granules and we’ll have this with whatever roast/meat we’re having. However, I’ve never tried any of the other gravy granule flavours available (ie Lamb, Chicken, Turkey Vegetable)?

Do people buy different gravy to match the meat they’re eating? Seems mad to me, but am I missing out?

2 hours ago, sne said:

So I assume at least a few of you sick lot has tried these ones :D 

https://www.odditycentral.com/foods/lithuanian-company-launches-nsfw-potato-chips.html

Reminds me of why I've never knowingly eaten Prawn Cocktail crisps

I remember when they first hit the shops. I was round a mates house and his sister who was 2 years younger, brought a packet home.

We were all curious so when she opened them we all stood around and waited for the verdict

She opened the packet and before she even tasted one...

"Gross, they smell like periods"

They went staright in the bin

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

So, steak tartare and sashimi are out for you guys?

But to be fair; a pro tip: do not order steak tartare in a restaurant whilst in a small African country.

I wasn't even considering that you weren't cooking it through. The texture of it would be revolting!

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Yet the worst part about that recipe, despite adding a whole can of **** pineapple - juices and all, is that they drain the pasta and add the sauce to it rather than the other way round, undrained. Heathens.

Now, I realise this is probably me, but I don't understand this - you'd add the pasta and the water it boiled in to the sauce?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Now, I realise this is probably me, but I don't understand this - you'd add the pasta and the water it boiled in to the sauce?

Not all of it, not even a lot of it, but you certainly don't (shouldn't) drain it all off. Just lift it out with a slotted spoon and the right amount of water will be carried across to the sauce, or drain with a colander but put the pot straight back under to catch some water. That starchy water is for making the sauce coat the pasta properly, and hey it might even have some additional salt in.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

Â