The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

On 04/09/2022 at 21:45, villa4europe said:
On 04/09/2022 at 21:07, sidcow said:

Shepherds Pie or Cottage Pie. You've got to mush it all up into one brown mess before you start to eat don't you? 

Yes

But you also have to crisp the top to get that different texture in there 

Personally I also like to put crispy roast carrots and parsnips at the bottom to give it something extra, can't all be mush 

It must then also be laced with sriracha. Not as part of the ingredients but as a condiment. If you've not tried it (and you're in to that kind of thing) then thank me later.

• Like 1

Really don't mean to be disrespectful, but I wasn't yet able to complete my reading of these 127 pages on the subject of gravy (it's a workday still here). How do you British people most like to make your gravy at home? 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Really don't mean to be disrespectful, but I wasn't yet able to complete my reading of these 127 pages on the subject of gravy (it's a workday still here). How do you British people most like to make your gravy at home? 

Foolish, foolish. You asked a sensible question here. Foolish, I tell you.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Gravy goes on a roast. Any other use of gravy is disgusting. Others will disagree, but they are wrong.

With pie and mash?

• Like 3

I love gravy, would have it on anything before I lived with my mrs and became more refined, and have it much less frequently now. Would drink it on its own like a cheap man’s Bovril. In fact, my old hangover cure used to be a mug of chicken Bisto and a couple of soluble codeine and paracetamol. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

A decent pie should have enough sauce / gravy inside it, no need to pour it on top. But you may have found a flaw in my argument, I’ll grant you that.

What about liquor on P&M

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I actually bought a container of Bisto from the local Wegmans, which has a tiny British shelf. Wife rolled her eyes. You guys are really making me turn into someone a bit weird.

Can you get babbies yeds in the USA

• Like 1

Not gravy related, although you could mix this in to some, I bought a tub of ‘Kerala Mix’ yesterday. It’s much like Bombay mix, but with added banana chips and dried curry leaves. 

I bloody love the stuff but my missus thinks I’m depraved. She’s wrong, isn’t she?

8235930C-4D72-46C7-BCFE-14A9F493842C.jpeg

• Like 1

Â