The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

41 minutes ago, hogso said:

My fave Cheese on toast 

2 slices of white bread, lightly done in toaster 

Butter on both pieces

Not too thick but not too thin sliced strong cheddar to cover each slice, but not the crust

Place under grill on medium

Once cheese is bubbling splashes of Worcestershire sauce on both slices 

Return to grill, turn it off, residual heat will continue to cook it (crust should be on the verge of burnt) 

Once done, remove from grill, add Tommy K, a grind of black pepper, and a few dashes of green tabasco 

Spread this deliciousness all over with a knife

Fold each slice over, and eat like a sandwich

Yummy yumyums. 

For me the bread is very important. I use this..

76194011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=78ac1a

Toasted, buttered, strong cheddar, worcester sauce, bung under grill til bubbling. Eat.

• Like 1

I never have and never will understand this argument that sausage or bacon sandwiches shouldn't be buttered. 

That slavering melted goodness is the icing on the cake of a hot sandwich. For me it would be like eating a roast dinner without gravy. Just dry and unsatisfactory. I just don't buy there is enough fat in the sausage/bacon already.  It's utter nonsense. 

Also see Chip Butty. The melted butter is the crowning glory of a chip butty.  I put a double layer of butter on a chip butty. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I never have and never will understand this argument that sausage or bacon sandwiches shouldn't be buttered. 

That slavering melted goodness is the icing on the cake of a hot sandwich. For me it would be like eating a roast dinner without gravy. Just dry and unsatisfactory. I just don't buy there is enough fat in the sausage/bacon already.  It's utter nonsense. 

Also see Chip Butty. The melted butter is the crowning glory of a chip butty.  I put a double layer of butter on a chip butty. 

What utter freakery. You need to be remanded to a tastebud correctional facility

20 hours ago, bickster said:

For me the bread is very important. I use this..

76194011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=78ac1a

Toasted, buttered, strong cheddar, worcester sauce, bung under grill til bubbling. Eat.

Is that a single slice of bread in a plastic wrapper? 

I’m sat in a hotel room right now where every single sugar cube in a bowl has its own plastic wrapper. 

Probably the wrong thread. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

This debate has come up a few times on here and I'm genuinely astounded and saddened that people have bacon and sausage sandwiches without butter.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

This debate has come up a few times on here and I'm genuinely astounded and saddened that people have bacon and sausage sandwiches without butter.

The only thing to do with bread on a bacon sarnie is to dip it in the fat in the pan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

The wrongs uns have outed themselves in here today

Too right the dry sandwich deviants. 

I bet they don't like lubricant ANYWHERE

wink-trust-me.gif

Sandwiches are catered to personal preferences. Some of my 2am creations are borderline perverse. 

Last Friday I had buttered wholemeal with pate, pickles, chorizo and cheddar. It was glorious. How do I remember this? I sent a video of me making it to a mate who was trying to put fish fingers into a pita bread.

• Haha 1

Â