The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

The boy went trout fishing today with my brother … I can now confirm that trout and Brie sandwiches are the nuts and should be  the goto sandwich of choice for all packed lunches 

34 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

The boy went trout fishing today with my brother … I can now confirm that trout and Brie sandwiches are the nuts and should be  the goto sandwich of choice for all packed lunches 

You know what country Brie is from?

Its also possibly their dullest cheese

53 minutes ago, bickster said:

You know what country Brie is from?

Its also possibly their dullest cheese

Yeah Somerset in England 😛

Brie , is a style of cheese and not protected like champagne 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

I can now confirm that trout and Brie sandwiches are the nuts and should be the go to sandwich of choice for all packed lunches 

There's something about a Trout and Brie sandwich that has a faint whiff of the Rees-Mogg about it.

I think I've got an inverse snobbery problem - what's wrong with a couple of slices of Warburtons, a packet of wotsits and some marge?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's something about a Trout and Brie sandwich that has a faint whiff of the Rees-Mogg about it.

I think I've got an inverse snobbery problem - what's wrong with a couple of slices of Warburtons, a packet of wotsits and some marge?

a crisps sandwich with marge … that sounds like Northern posh food , surely it would need to be dripping to keep it real 😛

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sandwiches don't need butter or marg. Ruins them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 2

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

some sandwiches need butter, nothing deserves to have marge spread on it.

The only thing that should never be in a sandwich is lettuce

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

some sandwiches need butter, nothing deserves to have marge spread on it.

The only thing that should never be in a sandwich is lettuce

Sandwiches never need butter but would sometimes benefit from a spread like mayonnaise or mustard etc. 

Lettuce can be good on a sandwich if it's crispy and fresh. 

However, I don't have the energy or time to debate against you and will just concede now instead. 

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

image.png.008285fdea5f504fdb696da85542deff.png

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Sandwiches without Butter? 

To be fair, some need it, some don't

Lots of sandwiches don't need it tbf. If I make a Prawn Mayo sandwich, I don't use butter but something like ham / ham and cheese definitely needs it

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

100% this

use sauce for the wet, at worst i'll use philadelphia, never butter

but we've been here before, there's some heathens on here who will put butter on every sandwhich including breakfast sandwiches, my own brother will put butter on a tuna mayo sandwich...what for? what is it doing? nothing

• Like 1

Â