Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

Think we've already seen what footballers do when they have time off. For every Leon Goretzka there is about 100 who acts like Kyle Walker, Grealish, Luka Jovic and so on.

It's not gonna stop the spread and players are not going to behave.

Rumour doing the rounds that Kyle Walker hosted a party which resulted in a number of players contracting the virus hence the cancellation of the 2 games. 
Let’s hope it is just a rumour otherwise those that attended are in for a tough time.

21 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Rumour doing the rounds that Kyle Walker hosted a party which resulted in a number of players contracting the virus hence the cancellation of the 2 games. 
Let’s hope it is just a rumour otherwise those that attended are in for a tough time.

If true, the fecking idiot should be sacked. 

35 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Any prostitutes this time?

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Didnt they decide before this wont happen, I dont want it to happen but if it did I think we would probably end up 2nd or 3rd on average points

They did, but didn't they also say that games would go ahead if some sort of team could be fielded? It seems that has changed, but it is not clear how many players need to be found positive or shielding for a game to be called off. Unlike last season they don't have the summer to use this time, so the season might have to be closed without playing all of the fixtures,  if many more games are called off. 

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The *other* thing about a two-week break is there's absolutely no reason to think that the situation with covid will be any better in just two weeks' time. We haven't seen the damage caused by Christmas in the figures yet.

Agreed, I suspect the break idea is being mentioned by people such as Big Sam as a means of avoiding too many more defeats before using the transfer window and of spending some time on the training field with his new players.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

Didnt they decide before this wont happen, I dont want it to happen but if it did I think we would probably end up 2nd or 3rd on average points

Joint 4th with Man City

Edited by ender4

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The *other* thing about a two-week break is there's absolutely no reason to think that the situation with covid will be any better in just two weeks' time. We haven't seen the damage caused by Christmas in the figures yet.

I wonder whether they may take a break for a month or two then finish the season either side of the Euros in the summer.  If they then start next season in the winter then they can finish it in time for the players to prepare and go to the World Cup in Qatar and avoid that ridiculous scheduling problem.

The image, first posted on social media, appears to show Erik Lamela, Sergio Reguilon and Giovani Lo Celso indoors at a Christmas celebration, which would be in breach of government rules on household mixing.

Link

Edited by The_Steve

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

These teams having outbreaks, they should be investigated and if the cause is negligence, the game should be forfeited. Games cant keep being pushed back. 

I totally agree, either that or they should be forced to play using academy players as per the original rule.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

These teams having outbreaks, they should be investigated and if the cause is negligence, the game should be forfeited. Games cant keep being pushed back. 

Totally agree, even if it was one of our own. There have been too many instances now, especially over the past week. So many people have not seen their family for months but these players think it's acceptable to have parties and post photos. 

Â