Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

16 hours ago, sne said:

Anyone think the result would have turned out the same if it was Juve who were ordered to miss the game?

Yeah, me neither.

Turns out Napoli cancelled the flight and hotel the day before the travel ban was given. They had no intention to show up in Turin

They are appealing 🙄

Bayern have a cup game tonight and had players on international duty some played up until 11pm last night, PSG then play tomorrow night with a lot of players travelling from South America and France again playing last night

On 13/10/2020 at 10:17, sne said:

Christiano Ronaldo has tested positive and out for the game against Sweden tomorrow. So far no other Portuguese player in the squad has tested positive

But Weston McKennie has also tested positive for Juventus.

You guys are lucky you still have football.Here in Perth with the borders closed it looks like we will not have a national league again until after the virus.As for the Premier League  we dont get that either till after the virus is over.That part I dont understand because games are still bieng played in MT stadiums,but they are still bieng played but over here there is no LIVE football till all this is over.

The only good part about all this is that the COVID19 only lasted about a month here in Perth.We have been back to normal for a while now.  

It seems a bit weird that Delia Smith is pushing for fans to return to football at a time when coronavirus is on the increase. Everybody was so concerned about the return of football at a time when there were far less cases and deaths. Understand the financial repercussions

I get that football fans are missing attending games, I am too. I get that clubs and the surrounding businesses are losing a lot revenue. It’s concerning and potentially disastrous for many. But inviting fans back into stadiums for me is just asking for trouble. It’s way too soon to be seriously advocating that while cases are soaring and the death rate is rising.

Even if you have a stadium a quarter full, say 10k in Villa Park. That’s an awful lot of people mixing outside of the ground, inside the concourse and even in the stands. One in four people means three seats between each fan, on every row. That’s a lot of people still very close together, and as we know that aerosols spread and hang in the air, it’s still a huge risk of viral spread. 

I’ve missed going to Villa Park as much as the next man, but there’s no way I’d consider it now. It’s too risky, and I wouldn’t want to spread Covid to my family for the sake of a football match. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Ireland vs France in the 6 Nations and for the nationals anthems the players are 1.5 metres away from each other. Suppose the covid will disappear when the whistle blows

Not to mention when there is a scrum or throw in.

Â